Im visiting Ohio, is it true that?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Im visiting Ohio, is it true that?

Cool Im visiting Ohio, is it true that?

Is it true that you canít carry in a restaurant that serves alcoholic beverages, even if youíre not consuming said beverages?

Yep, its true. Some of us are hoping this will change soon.
    NRA CRSO and Instructor: Certified Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Certified Home Firearm Safety, Refuse to Be a Victim
    SABRE Civilian Safety Awareness Program Instructor

Not all of us!

Quote Originally Posted by LGH View Post
    Yep, its true. Some of us are hoping this will change soon.
    I'm not hoping it will change, I don't drink so I don't think I should have to disarm myself when going into a restaurant or any establishment that serves alcohol. If you value your CCW permit, don't drink while carrying.

well I guess I'll have to disarm before I go eat dinner if they serve alcohol while I'm In Oh. I don't drink, so its a "punish everyone for the few who think it's OK to drink and carry" situation. I'm originally from Ohio, and I'm glad you all finally got a CC law. Oklahoma's law prohibits drinking or drugging while carrying, sound like common sense to me.

Just to make sure, It OK in a restaurant that doesn't serve alcohol?

First Post-Hello All

Having just attending a class in PA for a UT Concealed Carry License I can confirm that it is against OH law to carry anywhere in OH where alcohol is served, whether you are drinking or not.

I personally would not drink while carrying anyway but I don't like having to disarm just to enter the property but as of now that is the law.

Quote Originally Posted by dsen View Post
    Having just attending a class in PA for a UT Concealed Carry License I can confirm that it is against OH law to carry anywhere in OH where alcohol is served, whether you are drinking or not.

I personally would not drink while carrying anyway but I don't like having to disarm just to enter the property but as of now that is the law.
    FLASH: Ohio Senate passes SB239 (Restaurant & Car Carry Rules Fix) and SB247 (Restoration of Rights) You may want to read this.

8. In all likelihood

In all likelihood, the Senate bill which passed should pass hte House after summer recess. The Governor said he would sign it immediately. Most Ohio CCW's thought it would have passed before summer recess, baut time ran our. so we just have to waitr another month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by THE DUKE OF ESSEX View Post
    Thanks for posting.

10. so in ohio you can carry a firearm in a restraunt if you are not drinking, i always thought you could carry in a restraunt when their main source of business was food.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    i always thought you could carry in a restraunt when their main source of business was food.
    And just how is Joe Average supposed to determine the exact percentage of revenue an establishment makes from food vs. alcohol?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast