HB256 New Bill Would Allow Concealed Carry without permit

Thread: HB256 New Bill Would Allow Concealed Carry without permit

HB256 New Bill Would Allow Concealed Carry without permit

Ohio Concealed Carry Institute (click Link)
    N.R.A. Pistol Instructors & Range Safety Officers
    Like Us on Facebook (click Link)

Charleston, South Carolina, United States
    Well, that is a scary thought. I guess the criminals are already taking advantage of that huh?

and removed the Must Inform code if you do happen to get a permit anyway...

Is it just me....or does it say you still need to get training???

(N) "Qualifies for a license" means not having a license issued under section 2923.125 of the Revised Code or a temporary emergency license issued under section 2923.1213 of the Revised Code but being legally permitted to purchase a firearm under the laws of this state and the United States and meeting all the requirements for a license to carry a concealed handgun under division (D)(1)(a) to (m) of section 2923.125 of the Revised Code. A person meets the requirement for a license that is specified in division (D)(1)(l) of section 2923.125 of the Revised Code if the person has a competency certification of any type described in division (B)(3) of that section, regardless of when the certification was issued, and the person has read the pamphlet described in division (B)(4) of that section, regardless of whether the person has submitted to another person certifications of the types described in divisions (B)(3) and (4) of that section. For purposes of this division, a period of time specified in division (D)(1) of that section that is measured from the date of application shall be measured from the current date.

5. I would take advantage of this for sure.

If you will allow me to put on the tin foil hat for a second ill explain. With the way our constitutional rights are being destroyed day by day law by law its only a matter of time before something really bad happens that serves to make a suspect out of all of us. I would feel much better not being on "THE LIST" of gun owners. Ohio does not require firearms registry. If you are purchasing your arms from private sellers it truly is between you me and the fence post. I would like to keep it that way. </tin foil hat>

Besides, criminals are already carrying! I would still enhance my skills with training, but not being required to register with the nazi err I mean state would make ccw that much more appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    and removed the Must Inform code if you do happen to get a permit anyway...

Is it just me....or does it say you still need to get training???
    That is an interesting point .. to me it looks like some sort of training ... at least the 12 hour class has been removed, i suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by eXGee11 View Post
    I would take advantage of this for sure.

If you will allow me to put on the tin foil hat for a second ill explain. With the way our constitutional rights are being destroyed day by day law by law its only a matter of time before something really bad happens that serves to make a suspect out of all of us. I would feel much better not being on "THE LIST" of gun owners. Ohio does not require firearms registry. If you are purchasing your arms from private sellers it truly is between you me and the fence post. I would like to keep it that way. </tin foil hat>

Besides, criminals are already carrying! I would still enhance my skills with training, but not being required to register with the nazi err I mean state would make ccw that much more appealing.
    I cant agree more, as I tell my students, put me out of business by making a real change. For once I dont think I would be mad at the government putting us out of a job.

7. Well I would still pay for the training and certs, I just wouldn't take the paperwork to the sheriff's office. Training requirements or not I don't want to shoot my big toe off or worse, an innocent bystander.

Hello all, I'm new here.

Just wondering what ever happened with this bill? I doubt it passed, but I would fully support, and take advantage of it!

Its still out there in waiting for enough support to bring forth.

i consider that bill to be a very good thing. we shouldn't need a permit to carry openly or concealed anywhere. as i so often tell people the 2nd amendment is my ccw permit. now am i getting permit anyway? yes but that is another tale for another time... but i would hope that people who do diecide to carry a firearm for protection gets at least some kind of training. i recently took the OP's ccw class and enjoyed myself greatly. all people should at the least be trained in the proper use of a firearm.