SB17 Passes - Allows Restaurant Carry With A Class D Permit (liquor & beer permit) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SB17 Passes - Allows Restaurant Carry With A Class D Permit (liquor & beer permit)

The governor just signed it. It should be delivered to the Secretary of State today or tomorrow and goes into effect 90 days after that.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

So were good. Can anything go wrong now?

Quote Originally Posted by Chadwilliam1 View Post
    So were good. Can anything go wrong now?
    Only if you carry in a D permit premises before the expiration of the 90-day period after SB 17 is filed with the Secretary of State. Until the expiration of this 90-day period (which has not begun), the old law remains in effect.
    James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Attorney, The Law Offices of James M. Mullins, Jr., PLLC
    Founder and Past President, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.

With a slight correction. You can already carry in a D permit location in Ohio as long as they don't sell for on premises consumption. That's one of the reasons this change to the law was so desperately needed. Ohio has so many different liquor license categories and classifications that it was like trying to navigate a minefield when you tried to figure out where you were and weren't legal to carry.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams

Information from the OHIO SOS office today indicates that the new laws, SB17 and HB45, should become effective on September 30th. Official notice will appear on the page below when they finally get around to posting it, but they aren't always quick in doing so.

http://www.sos.state.oh.us/sos/uploa...l/acts_129.pdf

I suppose I should have explained, HB45 is the House version of SB17. They are essentially the same. Carry in establishments that serve alcohol are not the only reforms in these bills. Also included are the removal of some burdensome and unnecessary restrictions on carry in vehicles that we have been trying to get rid of for quite some time.

It's official. It becomes effective September 30th.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12