Restaurant Carry in effect

Thread: Restaurant Carry in effect

Restaurant Carry in effect

As of today, barring any "No Guns" signs, you are free to carry in a D permit establishment, but must not consume any alcohol while carrying. Thanks to OFCC for their continued efforts to reform Ohio's self defense laws.

OPFCC's summary, with a nice PDF file to share: Ohio Restaurant Carry law effective as of midnight 9/30/2011

My commentary: http://indefixa.ravensbeak.com/2011/...-guns-in-bars/
    Bob Mueller
    Blog | Facebook | Flickr

3. Finally

Happy this finally passed.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    One small step for carrying, one giant leap... Well, one step at a time. Congrats to those who worked on this!
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Congratulations! let's hope others will follow suit.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

I hope we can see similar reforms in SC soon.

Seems to me, Ohio's "Class" liquor laws are very confusing. Does class D cover bars also? What restrictions are there after this law is changed?

Class D covers anyplace that sells beer, wine or liquor by the drink for on-premises consumption. That's every place from Nationwide Arena, to Joe's Pool Hall, Applebees, or Red Lobster.

There's a PDF file at the OFCC link that explains things very well.
    Bob Mueller
    Blog | Facebook | Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by cmhbob View Post
    Class D covers anyplace that sells beer, wine or liquor by the drink for on-premises consumption. That's every place from Nationwide Arena, to Joe's Pool Hall, Applebees, or Red Lobster.

There's a PDF file at the OFCC link that explains things very well.
    Thanks for the info. Trying to get something similar here in Mi. We can carry in restaurants, but not BARS!!!

I actually OPEN CARRIED into a bar/rest. a few days ago....(yes, in OHIO) Had a great meal and no-one got freaked out or arrested, imagine that...

The law does NOT say it has to be concealed, only that if you carry into a bar that you have to have a valid permit for it to be legal....

Im Wa you can carry in places that serv alcohol as long as the place is not "21 and over only".