Beware of law change regarding loaded magazines in a car - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beware of law change regarding loaded magazines in a car

Quote Originally Posted by polack View Post
    has ohio passed carry in restaurants yet
    Yeah right, with Kasich and DeWine in office nowthat won't happen.
    Just another right Wing Extremist, bitterly clinging to guns and religion

10 rd mags

I'm from S.E. MI. and sometimes go to Toledo to Menards, & maybe have dinner. In Mi. there are no limits to the size or # of mags we can carry. What if any are the limitations to this in Ohio? I have a CPL.

4. Quote Originally Posted by missoak View Post
    I'm from S.E. MI. and sometimes go to Toledo to Menards, & maybe have dinner. In Mi. there are no limits to the size or # of mags we can carry. What if any are the limitations to this in Ohio? I have a CPL.
    I don't recall any limits like that, and I just went and briefly scanned through the ORC (http://codes.ohio.gov) and didn't run across any.

The only magazine law Ohio has is this:

“Automatic firearm” also means any semi-automatic firearm designed or specially adapted to fire more than thirty-one cartridges without reloading, other than a firearm chambering only .22 caliber short, long, or long-rifle cartridges.
    Lawriter - ORC - 2923.11 Weapons control definitions.

6. Quote Originally Posted by rt48 View Post
    The only magazine law Ohio has is this:

Lawriter - ORC - 2923.11 Weapons control definitions.
    Wow. Goes to show how convoluted our laws are here in Ohio. I'm pretty certain I've never run across that section before, and I spent a LOT of time last Summer reading everything I could find... Not sure how they ever expect anyone to follow the laws when they're nonsensical, it's hard to find ALL the relevant parts, and consists of so many that they're impossible to remember. What a nightmare. I guess those clowns in Columbus have decided that since they can't justify their overinflated salaries that they'll just sit around and try and make our lives miserable.

Thanks guys, I know I read somewhere that in certain parts of Ohio there was a 10 rd. limit on mags.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12