New Laws for Ohioans March 23
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Laws for Ohioans March 23

1. New Laws for Ohioans March 23

Ohio law still makes it a crime for a licensed person in legal possession of a concealed handgun to not inform a police officer that they are legally carrying a concealed handgun - a law that can make a criminal out of only those who have jumped through the hoops to obtain the license and legally conceal the handgun but has absolutely no affect on those illegally concealing the gun. While Ohio is moving in the right direction - this still proves that gun control laws only hinder law abiding citizens and do very little to actually stop crime.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Ohio law still makes it a crime for a licensed person in legal possession of a concealed handgun to not inform a police officer that they are legally carrying a concealed handgun - a law that can make a criminal out of only those who have jumped through the hoops to obtain the license and legally conceal the handgun but has absolutely no affect on those illegally concealing the gun. While Ohio is moving in the right direction - this still proves that gun control laws only hinder law abiding citizens and do very little to actually stop crime.
    Can you imagine? Some people get very nervous when stopped by police. It's conceivable that they could simply forget to inform.
    Hey, isn't that Al Sharpton going in the white house again without paying his $5.5 million in back taxes? Gee, he's not getting in any trouble is he? Crazy frigging country we're living in.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Going through Ohio on or about April 1st. and back again around April 14-15th. Good to know. I have 2 C/C permits.

6. Ohio requires informing when encountering police for a law enforcement purpose. Ohio is a gun friendly State in my opinion.

7. Same Ccw law in California! Disclose 100% is part of the law & terms of Ccw!

Sent from my SM-G386T1

8. California 38 million population! 45,000 ccw! Liberal loonies state of over tax & over regulate! 400-500++ new laws a year in California! 😆 Sucks hua?

Sent from my SM-G386T1

I did what I thought was right and ended up in jail!

Quote Originally Posted by rickohio View Post
    Ohio requires informing when encountering police for a law enforcement purpose. Ohio is a gun friendly State in my opinion.
    Ohio requires informing when encountering police for a law enforcement purpose. Ohio is a gun friendly State in my opinion.
    I would like to agree with you. However, I live in Florida and was visiting Ohio. One evening we all went out, and my daughter and I were arguing, so to keep it from escalating I got out of the car, in a fairly bad neighborhood ( Canton, if anyone is familiar), and decided to walk. When I got out, I got my gun from under the seat and put it into my purse. I walked for quite a while and quite a few miles, when a cop seen me on the phone with my best friend, crying, while I was walking. He stopped me, which was fine and I was actually almost grateful for, even though I was almost to my destination by then. However, he accused me of being intoxicated and gave me 3 choices 1.) I could go back with him and press charges on my daughter, 2.) call a cab ( but I had no money), or 3 go to jail. I got off of the phone with my friend, and explained the entire situation to him, he was set on taking me to jail, and even hung up on my boyfriend who happened to call looking for me when he asked if he could just pick me up. Anyhow, I did as I was taught to do when getting my CCW. I put my hands up, and told the officer I had my gun and CCW in my purse. He immediately grabbed my purse, threw me on the trunk in handcuffs and told me I was going to jail for a felony 5. Once at the station ( in North Canton...small place with the Mayor upstairs), he realized I was legal, but he decided to charge me with using a weapon while under he influence anyhow. I even blew when he first picked me up, and it was only .06, which is less than driving. I also requested to do a sobriety test, which he refused. After he was done booking me in at the North Canton PD, I was taken t the Stark County Jail, and didn't even know what my charges were! I paid almost $300.00 bail, had to go to court to plea not guilty, and then sleep in my car for days, stuck in Ohio, after driving our daughter to North Carolina so that she wouldn't have to go through all of it as well, all because of these ridiculous charges. I am not employed right now due to illness, and was able to get a Public Defender to represent me, and to go to the pre-trial and so forth for me, but so far the Prosecutor has not been willing to drop the charges or even agree to a lesser charge of disorderly, which is what the PD wants me to do, and I agreed to, even though I think it's wrong ( I feel like I am being blackmailed...I have to pay something regardless, lose my gun, pay court cost and lose bail ). I don't want to even agree to a disorderly, I wasn't i disorderly in any way! The best part is, I tried and tried to get copies of the report and video, from the N. Canton PD, and was refused repeatedly. Well, today I got a call from my Public Defender, and he received the video and the reports, finally! The funny ( not really) thing is, nothing was recorded until he read me my rights. How convenient! Everything from when he stopped me, until he read me my rights, and at which time I stopped talking, is gone or as they claim " was never recorded". So, basically, I got screwed for doing what I was supposed to be doing, notifying the officer that I was carrying. Now, I may have to find a way back to Ohio to go to trial according to my attorney, and if I don't then I will have a warrant for my arrest, and to top it off, I can't even get my gun back until I compete all this BS. You know what the real kicker is? Not only can I not afford to go back, I also can't afford an attorney, therefore Ohio, specifically the people of Canton's tax dollars are going to defend me from a charge, which in my opinion, never should have even happened. Does anyone have any idea what is considered as being "under the influence", there is no specification in the Ohio Statute? And, also, anyone know anything about a legal seizer of a gun, if you have your legal CCW and are not committing a crime? According to the police officer, I was guilty of being out at 3.30 am, and walking while crying . That of course, is reason enough for them to stop me, but I would think that as an officer who claimed to be, "concerned about my well being" , he would have offered other alternatives to help me, rather than making things worse, wouldn't you? As he was booking me, he also seemed quite surprised to see I've never had any drug or alcohol related arrests, nothing more than a argument between my sister and I years ago, which, I was found guilty of disorderly conduct for. I would love to hear any opinions regarding this, I'm both devastated and at a loss.....just unbelievable!

Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Yeah, unfortunately, they don't have the greatest record. It was a lot better when I was growing up there, I can't believe how bad it's become!

What happened to me was actually just outside of Canton, in North Canton. North Canton is a place you expect to feel safe...joke was on me, I was safe walking through all the craziness, and as soon as, I got right to the line where 3 areas met I was stopped and arrested, not so safe as far as your civil rights are involved anyhow. All three are also known for pulling cars over for DUI, 5 miles over the speed limit, etc. I'm sure you get it, small towns that count on their traffic stops for funding.

BTW I love your tagline :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast