Open Carry Coming To Oklahoma? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Open Carry Coming To Oklahoma?

Ok peeps,it looks like sb 1733 has passed the department of public safety 8-1 and is alive and well. Stay tuned!!!!!!!!!!open carry may become reality.

Thank you for the update Captain.

4. well , i hope they have the guts to make it a law, but i'm not convinced. as far as the training goes ...I dont need no stinkig training....lol.

I was under the impression that current CC holders would not need additional training. Has that changed?

No current CCW Holders will just probably have to get a card from there CCW instructor to prove that they have been thru the class,or at the most go to an open carry update class. unfortunatly the new law is not very specific,we'll see what happens after the full House finishes reveiwing it.

Quote Originally Posted by CAPTAINJACK View Post
    No current CCW Holders will just probably have to get a card from there CCW instructor to prove that they have been thru the class,or at the most go to an open carry update class. unfortunatly the new law is not very specific,we'll see what happens after the full House finishes reveiwing it.
    I concur, and we'll just have to wait and see what they come up with.

Heck, marijuana may be controlled like beer and wine in Colorado, to be the first place in the world to be legal.

Oklahoma has the Compassionate car Act of 2012 trying to approve medical marijuana. Reverend Pat Robertson is recommending decriminalizing it.

The world is getting interesting.

It is with the safety review board now. I guess it goes to the Governor's office next?

WOW, it has passed the full house now and the Govenor said off the record monday night that she is looking forward to it hitting her desk,to sign it into law. If that happens looks like Nov 1st 2012 to go into effect. Oh and sir Charlie I agree on the world getting interesting, makes you wonder whats next.

10. OK I'm keeping my fingers crossed. How about the bills to lower the cost of the permits, any hope there?

Quote Originally Posted by CAPTAINJACK:287588
    WOW, it has passed the full house now and the Govenor said off the record monday night that she is looking forward to it hitting her desk,to sign it into law. If that happens looks like Nov 1st 2012 to go into effect. Oh and sir Charlie I agree on the world getting interesting, makes you wonder whats next.
    It hasn't been through the Senate yet has it? Will they likely pass it? I might be confused with the National Reciprocosity bill?
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government" - Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast