Full reciprocity
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Full reciprocity

Full reciprocity

Does anybody know the procedures to get other states to recognize our CCL due to the fact we recognize theirs? States such as OR and ME were OK accepts both Resident and non resident, or NV and WI were OK accepts their resident but they don't recognize ours. Fair and equal recognition would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by davcommander View Post
    Does anybody know the procedures to get other states to recognize our CCL due to the fact we recognize theirs? States such as OR and ME were OK accepts both Resident and non resident, or NV and WI were OK accepts their resident but they don't recognize ours. Fair and equal recognition would be nice.
    You would have to change their state laws, in many cases. There is some requirement in their state law that the Oklahoma CCL does not meet or the other state's law prohibits any recognition of out of state permits.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

It's an agreement done by the State's AGs.
    Beware the Fury of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by roguejesse View Post
    It's an agreement done by the State's AGs.
    Only if state law allows it. California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusettes, New Jersey, Illinois, Oregon, Rhode Island, and New York state Attorney Generals are prohibited by law to make such agreements, for example.

The only states up for discussion are Maine, Nevada and Wisconsin. All the other states whose state law allows for any reciprocity at all already recognize the Oklahoma permit.

In Maine, it is the Chief of State Police that enters into the reciprocity agreements, not the Attorney General, Title 25 MRSA, Part 5, Chapter 252, Subsection 2001-A:
    Maine State Police
    Gaming and Weapons Section
    164 State House Station
    Augusta, Maine 04333-0164
    (207) 624-7210

In Nevada, it is the Nevada Department of Public Safety and the Nevada Sheriffs’ and Chiefs’ Association must agree to it, NRS 202.3689:
    Nevada Department of Public Safety, 333 West Nye lane . Suite 100 . Carson City, NV 89706 . (775) 684-6262

Wisconsin law requires the other state to conduct an FBI NICS check prior to issuing the permit for it to be recognized in WI. I suspect that Oklahoma does not do an actual NICS check.
    http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/...ry/reciprocity
    Wisconsin Department of Justice
    P.O. Box 7857
    Madison, WI 53707-7857
    Phone: (608) 266-1221

While you are waiting for the various legislatures to change the state laws, you can open carry in Nevada with no permit required, and when outside a vehicle you can open carry in Maine and Wisconsin with no permit required.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Oregon simply does not honor any other states ccl. There have been a few attempts to change this but they are always killed by libtards we have a lot here in OR even if it passed the ass clown of a governor would veto it.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzmanluv269 View Post
    Oregon simply does not honor any other states ccl. There have been a few attempts to change this but they are always killed, ....... even if it passed the ... clown of a governor would veto it.
    So what is the Oregon policy on OPEN CARRY by Non-Residents? What is interesting in Oregon with the conceal permits for Non-Residents is this: You can take a course to get one, but a lot of Sheriff Depts will not grant you the license. In the past I was reading the state law, it makes it appear you are not entitled without an Oregon address or you do business in the state. Yet, people do acquire them that meet neither of those qualifications. The question then becomes, is your license really lawfully legal if state law makes it appear that you cannot legally have one, but a Sheriffs Dept issued you one?

8. You can get an Oregon ChL if you live in a state that shares a border with Oregon AND can demonstrate a legitimate need or have compelling business interest (see statute below). The key word in the statute is MAY waive the residency requirement. Some sherrifs will, many wont.

" The county sheriff may waive the residency requirement in subsection (1)(c) of this section for a resident of a contiguous state who has a compelling business interest or other legitimate demonstrated need."

This country MUST have CCW Permits issued in ANY state be allowed in every state. We need that change instead of this archaic set of reciprosity we have now. ALL CCW permits good in ANY state. Will there ever be a chance of this?

Quote Originally Posted by cluznar View Post
    This country MUST have CCW Permits issued in ANY state be allowed in every state. ALL CCW permits good in ANY state.
    Yep, this is what we need to strive for. But what do we give to receive? The only way it will ever happen is if there is some form of certification requirement that all states agree upon. If we have the right to bear arms, then that right should be valid in all states equally. No per state or municipality restrictions. I realize carry conceal is not implicitly mentioned in the 2nd Amendment, but I truly doubt it mattered when the Amendment was written; whether it was Open or Concealed. I also doubt they were against you carrying while on your horse or in your wagon (vehicle by todays standards). The Supreme Court of the USA needs to once and for all address these issues. Enough of turning responsible citizens into criminals because they want to travel across the nation and feel safe doing so. We need our Right to Protect ourselves given back to us.

Arkansas now accepts all CC permits starting this month. We'll find out if we have Constitutional carry this month, we'll see if TPTB fight this or not.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast