The OSBI SDA crew is a joke. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: The OSBI SDA crew is a joke.

  1. They have to be careful with these background checks. We wouldn't want criminals to be carry guns now, would we?

    ^^^That was sarcastic. All the permit requirement accomplishes is to make it harder for law abiding citizens to carry guns and does nothing to prevent criminals from carrying them.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  2.   
  3. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    They have to be careful with these background checks. We wouldn't want criminals to be carry guns now, would we?

    ^^^That was sarcastic. All the permit requirement accomplishes is to make it harder for law abiding citizens to carry guns and does nothing to prevent criminals from carrying them.
    They need to streamline the background check process. CLEET approved me for an instructor I am a FFL and have permits in other states. How many background checks does one need. You would think the state could just do a state warrant check and a NICS check and have it done in a couple weeks.The longest I have ever waited has been 40 days. Thats until now.
    Certified NRA Firearms Instructor
    Oklahoma SDA Instructor
    Utah CCW Instructor

  4. Quote Originally Posted by 3gunshooter View Post
    They need to streamline the background check process. CLEET approved me for an instructor I am a FFL and have permits in other states. How many background checks does one need. You would think the state could just do a state warrant check and a NICS check and have it done in a couple weeks.The longest I have ever waited has been 40 days. Thats until now.
    It's probably the mental health checks that hold things up the most, I would guess.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  5. #14
    I know the FBI takes their time with fingerprints.
    Certified NRA Firearms Instructor
    Oklahoma SDA Instructor
    Utah CCW Instructor

  6. My Oklahoma CCW took almost 4 months to get to me. I got frustrated after the 90 day mark and emailed them wondering about my application to which they responded there was a 4 week backlog.

    I responded and cited the SDA which state:

    "If the background check set forth in paragraph 11 of this subsection reveals no records pertaining to the applicant, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation shall either issue a handgun license or deny the application within sixty (60) days of the date of receipt of the applicant’s completed application and the required information from the sheriff. In all other cases, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation shall either issue a handgun license or deny the application within ninety (90) days of the date of the receipt of the applicant’s completed application and the required information from the sheriff. The Bureau shall approve an applicant who appears to be in full compliance with the provisions of the Oklahoma Self- Defense Act, if completion of the federal fingerprint search is the only reason for delay of the issuance of the handgun license to that applicant."

    To which they responded, I quote: "If anyone knows the lawbook we do and consider we are working hard a furious trying to get the applications completed. Sorry for you inconvenience you have a great day."

    The next week I got my license. Someone needs to lodge a complaint with the state representatives and the AG's office (I would but I moved shortly after I got my license).

  7. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaredfuzz View Post
    My Oklahoma CCW took almost 4 months to get to me. I got frustrated after the 90 day mark and emailed them wondering about my application to which they responded there was a 4 week backlog.

    I responded and cited the SDA which state:

    "If the background check set forth in paragraph 11 of this subsection reveals no records pertaining to the applicant, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation shall either issue a handgun license or deny the application within sixty (60) days of the date of receipt of the applicant’s completed application and the required information from the sheriff. In all other cases, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation shall either issue a handgun license or deny the application within ninety (90) days of the date of the receipt of the applicant’s completed application and the required information from the sheriff. The Bureau shall approve an applicant who appears to be in full compliance with the provisions of the Oklahoma Self- Defense Act, if completion of the federal fingerprint search is the only reason for delay of the issuance of the handgun license to that applicant."

    To which they responded, I quote: "If anyone knows the lawbook we do and consider we are working hard a furious trying to get the applications completed. Sorry for you inconvenience you have a great day."

    The next week I got my license. Someone needs to lodge a complaint with the state representatives and the AG's office (I would but I moved shortly after I got my license).
    I just moved here and its been 60 days and I am a FFL. How many background checks do you need. There is a lot of stuff with this state that is slow.
    Certified NRA Firearms Instructor
    Oklahoma SDA Instructor
    Utah CCW Instructor

  8. Quote Originally Posted by 3gunshooter View Post
    I just moved here and its been 60 days and I am a FFL. How many background checks do you need. There is a lot of stuff with this state that is slow.
    Agreed, I have a fricken security clearance from the DoD. The traffic is pretty slow too, but as for the state I like the direction it is heading in (more liberty and rights vs. nanny state). To be honest I was very surprised how backwards some of the midwest states are when it comes to gun laws, but they are now moving in the right direction which is not something that can be said with other states.

  9. #18
    Got it today, sent in 3 July. I emailed them last week as a reminder.
    Certified NRA Firearms Instructor
    Oklahoma SDA Instructor
    Utah CCW Instructor

  10. #19
    THE REAL CAPTAIN JACK Guest
    Wow I'm suprised by all of the probs you all are having. I recieved my permit 41 days after sending it in. I saw in the paper about 5 months ago that the state had hired a night crew to keep up with demand.

    GUN CARRYING AMERICAN PATRIOT!!!!

  11. Had to renew my CCW this year sent the renewal App. in the 23 rd. October and received new permit in only 31 days, maybe they have finally got their act together.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast