Oklahoma Bill To Reduce CCW Age Requirement - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oklahoma Bill To Reduce CCW Age Requirement

Blog Entries
    Mo just passed- formerly 21, now 19. Of course, Gov. Jay Nixon initially vetoed.

"The bill was originally vetoed by Gov. Jay Nixon in July 2014. It passed in the Senate on a straight party-line vote of 23-8, but passed the House by a bipartisan vote of 117-39."

Mo. Legislators Pass New Gun Laws « CBS St. Louis

Quote Originally Posted by santa View Post
    The Constution of the United States gives 18 year olds the right to vote which means they are according to the law ADULTS! If anyone is old enough to vote, get married, sign a contract, own property, buy a car, and be in the armed forces risking death, they are old enough to carry a gun. Imagine a 19 year old soldier who is been in combat protecting ALL of us coming home on leave and being told he(she) cant carry a gun because he(she) isnt old enough. If you are 18 you should be able to get a CCW and if you are irresponsible with the gun pay the price. By the way I am 55.
    Couldn't agree more!

I know some 30,40 & 50 year old men that aren't mature or intelligent enough to own a gun little lone carry one. Heck, it concerns me that some people on this very forum are allowed to carry a firearm. I also know some 14yr old kids that I wouldn't mind at all if they carried a firearm. (My son is one of them.)

I myself started carrying at 16 and didn't stop until the CCW laws made it illegal. In my view, you just can't make blanket statements like 18yr old "adults" aren't mature enough. If they are considered "mature" enough to fight & DIE for you & me, they should be considered old enough to carry a firearm to protect their family.

-
    “Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God.” —JAMES TOUR, NANOSCIENTIST

4. So, in states where the age limit to carry a firearm is 18....just where is all this blood running in the streets and where are all of their problems manifiesting themselves in reality? Hmmm.... how about some facts to back up those that don't want 18 year olds to carry just because they were not responsible enough at 18 to carry themselves?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Responsible enough to carry a firearm and drive a car, but not responsible enough to buy a beer. Aint that something
    -Austin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12