Open Carry and Alcohol Limits - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Carry and Alcohol Limits

Quote Originally Posted by clofwv View Post
    Why would you even consider drinking and carrying cc or oc?
    Because it's my RIGHT, of course. I usually wait until voting day, you know, when the sheep are gonna vote on all kinds of stuff, like CC and OC, and I then I march up and down the street outside the voting locale with an orange AK, wearing camo and jackboots, and pulling on a bottle of Jack Daniels. I'm not drunk, you understand, and by God, whatever I want to wear and carry is LEGAL and I don't care what anybody thinks. Because it's my RIGHT.

St Pauli Girl N.A. ... the answer to all the problems. Tastes like a really good beer and non-alcohol. Your body will burn off the less than .05% that may be in it with the effort simply of drinking the drink.

Excuse me if I am repeating but I really have a problem with drinking and CC or OC. If you drive over the limit, as far as I am concerned, you should be fined $1,000 and go to jail--period, end of story. If you do it a second time, you should be fined $5,000 and be put away for a year. If you injure someone in any of these escapades you should be tried for some form of serious jail time felony within the felonious assault, manslaughter statutes. It should be no different for over the limit on CC or OC, but the limit should be something a whole lot less than .08--say, per the writer, .02. Maybe a casual beer---better yet---nothing. I still fall on the side of abstinence. You have been given an awesome right having a firearm in your possession and if you cannot be responsible enough to understand that, you have no business having a CC or OC permit and should be punished severely for such an infraction.

But again, who are you to determine if I should have a drink or not. The question is IMPAIRMENT not the fact that you fear alcohol. Your argument is EXACTLY the same as the one the anti's use about guns. I fear them, so therefore no one should be allowed to have one.

Consumption of alcohol, like it or not may well also be considered a RIGHT, and since it has already been tested (the 18th ammendment was passed and repealed) it actually has a stronger standing than the second ammendment, so if one decides that there should be an absolute of no guns and alcohol together, it is more likely that they (those with the power to do such) will remove right to carry the gun before they will try to remove the right to consume alcohol a second time

"Impairment" being so subjective, I question it's use as a criteria for carry. What's "impaired"?

7. Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    "Impairment" being so subjective, I question it's use as a criteria for carry. What's "impaired"?
    The same question could be asked of the limits for DUI. The answer chosen by most states is to pick a fairly reasonable number and run with it.

Hey 2beararms: With all due respect to your last post, your arguments about drinking and comparing comments to the anti-gun arguments and the Constitution is extremely lame and fallacious. It really is not worth further discussion from me and I have seen enough on this thread that I choose not to enter it again, so if you intend to reply or send a message, you will not be doing it to me. Have a brew on me.

O.K. Here goes..again. Maybe I wasn't clear enough with my last statement on this subject.
    You can always use a hammer to hit that mosquito on your face, it's your right but would you just because it is your right.
    Why does anyone carry in the first place? I think maybe, just maybe since you have a right to life and a gun is the "equalizer" and a very expedient and efficient way to protect that life!
    You perceive a real threat (danger to your existence) and you defend yourself with "Johnny Roscoe" (gun, if you're not an old movie fan or a fan of old movies :-) )
    Never been in that situation but I read accounts. I doubt that anyone that who has been in that situation was 100% sure he or she would not be arrested or end up in some court defending his decision to use "lethal force".
    Does anyone really need a jury of your "peers" ( I have been on a jury and know the idiocy of some of a jury's rationale) thinking that poor judgement may have been involved just because someone saw "drink" in front of you at your table let alone seeing you have a beer or alcoholic drink. Aren't there enough things against those of us trying to exercise our right to protect our life or life of others. That life given to us by our "Creator" therefore our obligation to protect it. That right which is enumerated in our Constitution so that no government can take it away. ( for those out there that are atheists you would be wise to adopt that idea of "creator" for this purpose..... men that give you a right can take it away. Right to life given by a creator pre exhists mans law. (just go with that idea, it will serve you well)
    I don't need anyone doubting my decision to use "lethal force" as necessary just because I had the "right" to have a beer. You can have a beer and you can shoot the BG. I just think it unwise to do both unless you have the drink after you shoot the BG.
    I think it's called RESPONSIBILITY.IF WE ALL TRIED TO ACT IN A RESPONSIBLE MANNER IT WOULD GO A LONG WAY in preserving a manner in which to protect our lives. It already spins my head realizing how many people out there think the only ones that should have guns are the police and the military. This astounds me. Maybe because I have only had my CCP for just under a year.
    As I sit here freezing my ass off due to "global warming" let me quote the great oracle "The debate is over!" If you want to drink don't carry. You have survived in the past without carrying! What's that you say? "You never know when or what may happen out there so you always carry" Then you have made my point....DON'T DRINK!
    Be prepared.

10. Im from Michigan. I do not carry with any BAC. It is moronic. Yeah I might win a fight and live for another day. But there will be hell to pay for it. There are secondary options for self defense. If you dont know this, then maybe you shouldnt carry a gun in the first place. Learn those first and then CPL. Now having said that, I have sat down at the bar with LEO and drank beer and they drank too. But they were CC. Was I packing? Hell NO! That is against the law. Many here mentioned responsibilty. Thats the MAIN act of us non LEO CCW citizens. Do LEO have extra rights as to alcohol BAC? No. But they can sit down in a bar and have a beer CCW . I cannot. If someone wants to argue about this, dont waste my time or yours. It is a fact.

Here in Michigan you can hand your carry gun(s) over to another CPL and then drink alcohol as long as the receipient doesnt drink also. They take loan/possesion legally of your gun. On occasion I have employed this option of the law.

I will say that the premise of this OP is lacking and because of that some of us feel compelled to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceFrank View Post
    The same question could be asked of the limits for DUI. The answer chosen by most states is to pick a fairly reasonable number and run with it.
    True enough. But what's reasonable?

I'm 6'2" and 280 lbs; I don't even notice 2 stiff drinks. However, I have watched one friend, much smaller and a fairly docile guy, ride his scoot like a maniac after 2 drinks. That's why I question what's "impaired". I imagine trying to convince a jury that I was "unimpaired" after 2 drinks. It's just an argument that can't be won, IMHO.

Doesn't everyone who's drinking claim that they're fine? How many times have you seen that?

For me, if I'm around someone who is carrying and they reach for a drink, I'm gone. The drinker, may feel fine about it but I'd rather not risk it. I'm NOT for restricting rights, you want to drink and carry, your call. But I won't be around it and if you end up having to use your weapon, good luck.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast