I love OC
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I love OC

I love OC

The feeling is unbelieveable. During the winter months it's hard to do, but when I get to where I'm going I take off my my coat and it's all open. I can't wait till warmer weather where it's all oc all the time.

I open carry all the time. My wife and I haven't taken the CCW course yet but we plan to. Even then I won't CC very much. For me it's a bigger hassle than I care to deal with. I've never be hasseled by the deputies in my area YET but it don't bother me or my wife to walk right past them with our guns on our hips.They've never give me any problems but they have commented on the ivory grips on my Vaquero. My wife carries a Ruger 9MM and I carry a .45 Ruger Vaquero and a Uberti .357 Mag. When it's cold out like it is now I just tuck my coat behind my pistol grip because my gun rides low enough. To each his/her own

4. Gotta admit, it is a great feeling. My wife appreciates the safe feeling she gets from my OC too. She would carry herself but she is physically unable. She's a real fighter though. I've been doing the same thing with taking my coat off to OC. Sometimes I just wear a long sleeved shirt and sweater. Makes OC very easy with no fear of concealing my sidearm.
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum. . .Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis. . . .Nemo me impune lacessit . . .Veritas vos Liberabit. . . .ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! . . . .Write, speak, do!

Don't know what states you guys are living in that allows open carry, but I'm jealous!!!
    Kill them all and let God sort them out!

6. Quote Originally Posted by OUTTAHERE View Post
    Don't know what states you guys are living in that allows open carry, but I'm jealous!!!
    Most states allow OC. You must be in one of the half dozen or so states which doesn't. If so maybe you should look into changing that. There are several campaigns and petitions being done to allow OC in Texas, Florida and a couple of other states.

Steve
    www.laopencarry.org

In Minnesota you get a "Permit to carry a pistol". This includes open, or concealed carry. You don't see many OCers though.

Quote Originally Posted by MNBlackjack View Post
    In Minnesota you get a "Permit to carry a pistol". This includes open, or concealed carry. You don't see many OCers though.
    why would you want to open carry anyway? I don't want to attract any attention. In my neighborhood, N mpls, if I walk out the door with a pistol straped to my waist, I am asking to be jacked sooner, or later. However, u all can do as you please. It ain't for me.

It's a different world up where I live in Lindstrom. Even so, I still haven't OCed...yet.

Is the TOP Diner still open there on 43rd and Lyndale? I used to work there over 20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I open carry all the time. My wife and I haven't taken the CCW course yet but we plan to. Even then I won't CC very much. For me it's a bigger hassle than I care to deal with. I've never be hasseled by the deputies in my area YET but it don't bother me or my wife to walk right past them with our guns on our hips.They've never give me any problems but they have commented on the ivory grips on my Vaquero. My wife carries a Ruger 9MM and I carry a .45 Ruger Vaquero and a Uberti .357 Mag. When it's cold out like it is now I just tuck my coat behind my pistol grip because my gun rides low enough. To each his/her own
    If you haven't done your CCW course yet, then I will presume that you do not have a CCW permit yet either...unless otherwise you are a military man and your wife is a military woman and you can apply for a permit without going through a CCW course. If this latter is so, then just apply for a permit. If not you have to go through the proper NRA CCW course, as it is a requirement here in Missouri.

I know it is very tempting, when you have a gun to carry out and show everybody and/or think that you can protect yourself if you have a gun. But the law in Missouri states that if you carry, you should have a permit. You cannot open carry in all of Missouri -- only in certain stated counties. There is a listing of the counties you are allowed to open carry and those areas where you can only conceal carry.

Owning a gun, you can carry inside your house and inside your property, but not outside your property if you do not have a permit. If you are caught without a permit, it will be very hard for you to apply for a permit when you go for it. Believe me...many had done it, many had failed too...Try showing the copy of the 2nd Amendment to LEOs once you are caught...maybe it will work. If it doesn't, forget about applying for a permit. I am serious.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    If you haven't done your CCW course yet, then I will presume that you do not have a CCW permit yet either...unless otherwise you are a military man and your wife is a military woman and you can apply for a permit without going through a CCW course. If this latter is so, then just apply for a permit. If not you have to go through the proper NRA CCW course, as it is a requirement here in Missouri.

Owning a gun, you can carry inside your house and inside your property, but not outside your property if you do not have a permit. If you are caught without a permit, it will be very hard for you to apply for a permit when you go for it. Believe me...many had done it, many had failed too...Try showing the copy of the 2nd Amendment to LEOs once you are caught...maybe it will work. If it doesn't, forget about applying for a permit. I am serious.
    Sound advice!

To the op, you should get a ccw asap, you don't want to get jammed up. Also,some states won't allow you to carry in a vehicle without a license, having a ccw is worth its weight in gold!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast