State Police interaction This is a cross post from OC.Org

Thread: State Police interaction This is a cross post from OC.Org

1. State Police interaction This is a cross post from OC.Org

State Police interaction

State Police interaction - Wisconsin - Stories From The States - OpenCarry.org - Discussion Forum

State police claim impersonating a police officer.
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum. . .Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis. . . .Nemo me impune lacessit . . .Veritas vos Liberabit. . . .ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! . . . .Write, speak, do!

It's an extremely long thread. Can you please post/quote the part where the State Police claim "impersonation"? Thanks

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    It's an extremely long thread. Can you please post/quote the part where the State Police claim "impersonation"? Thanks

gf
    Thanks GF...
    I stopped looking for that... Impersonation part a couple pages in..
    Semper Fi

5. Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post

gf
    Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    Thanks GF...
    I stopped looking for that... Impersonation part a couple pages in..
    I know this reading stuff is kinda tough but it is on page 2 about halfway down.

Here is the post:

protias wrote: "I just had three Waukesha County deputies (whose names I did get) stop by my house for concerns I may be impersonating a police officer because of how my car looks. I have a police scanner and CB radio in there.
    "
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum. . .Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis. . . .Nemo me impune lacessit . . .Veritas vos Liberabit. . . .ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! . . . .Write, speak, do!

I missed it .... Maybe it's the I-Pass in the window...
    Semper Fi

That's messed up! Since when did a Hyndai Elantra look like "undercover car" Looks more like a CB/Ham radio buff's car to me.

Obvious case of harrassment and abuse of power by the local LE.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

I haven't read the thread in question yet, I will now though, but here is my question. How does having a CB radiio and a scanner in your vehicle equate to "Impersonating a Law Enforcement Officer"? Or should we make "Impersonating a Radioshack employee" a crime too?

Another point, the car in question has a U-Haul branded hitch for towing a trailer. I don't recall ever seeing a police car in any jurisdiction that had a trailer hitch.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Another point, the car in question has a U-Haul branded hitch for towing a trailer. I don't recall ever seeing a police car in any jurisdiction that had a trailer hitch.
    It's unfortunate, but for some reason, all of the blue and white Crown Victoria Interceptors in the Honolulu Police fleet are equipped with some brand of ball hitch. I've also seen this on unmarked "take home" cars in the Maui Police fleet, and in a number of other jurisdictions. I know that the Honolulu Police have a couple of different trailers that are hooked up to the sedans for various functions.

gf