I Would like to Know..........
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Would like to Know..........

1. I Would like to Know..........

Can anyone please tell me what states are "open carry" states being I do have a CWP from SoutrhCarolina?

3. Please email me !

My question is what states are open carry states since I am a CWP holder from the state of South Carolina?
    Would someone email me the answer to this question myh email address is
    [email protected]
    Thanks So Very Much !
    Teddy

Just click on the states you wish.

OpenCarry.org - A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost!
    XDm 40 16+1+16+16

Here you go.

Open Carry Firearm States List and Descriptions - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

Permissive Open Carry States which means the states have passed full preemption regarding all firearm laws. These states permit open carry to all law-abiding citizens without a criminal record without any special permit or firearms license. The open carry is legal for a citizen on foot or in a motor vehicle. The states that allow this are Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Arizona, New Mexico, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia, Virginia, Alaska and Kentucky.

Licensed Open Carry States allows open carry to all law-abiding citizens once they apply and are approved for a permit or firearms license. They can also carry on foot or in their motor vehicle. The states that require a permit or license for open carry are Utah, North Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, Indiana, Tennessee, Georgia, Maryland, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Hawaii and Massachusetts.

Anomalous Open Carry States open carry in these states are generally lawful, but the state itself may have other stiff restrictions to deter citizens from carry a firearm open. The laws in these states are very grey and could cause you a lot of problems if you go toting a gun around openly. The states that have a lot of grey area on open carry are Washington, Oregon, Nevada, California, Colorado, Missouri, Kansas, Louisiana , Mississippi, Alabama, North Carolina, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maine, Delaware and New Hampshire. You shouldn't carry open firearms in these states just to avoid a charge of bringing terror to the people which only requires a citizen to see you carry open firearms and saying they are in fear. You will get charged.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Wyoming is a VERY permissive open carry state.

Right Arm of Wyoming - RKBA rock and roll.
    http://www.rightarmofwyoming.com

Unlicensed open carry is legal in Colorado with the exception of Denver; of course private property can be posted no-carry. Unlicensed vehicle carry is legal everywhere in Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Unlicensed open carry is legal in Colorado with the exception of Denver; of course private property can be posted no-carry. Unlicensed vehicle carry is legal everywhere in Colorado.
    I believe it's also illegal (ironically) in Rifle, Colorado.

Is it legal in Boulder? That place is the Berkeley of the Rockies!

MWD
    Right Arm of Wyoming - RKBA rock and roll.
    http://www.rightarmofwyoming.com

Quote Originally Posted by RightArmOfWyoming View Post
    Is it legal in Boulder?
    Boulder has some unenforceable law, but opencarry.org has some anecdotes of OCers meeting Boulder Police with no reports of arrests or firearm seizure.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    YMMV in Denver. I'm not sure if it's the way I conducted myself, or maybe the way that I was dressed, but I had no problem OCing in Denver. Came into contact with several uniformed LEO, didn't get stopped by any of them. I exchanged greetings with a couple of them, but otherwise had no direct contact or was approached by any of them. This was back in 12/09.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

11. North Carolina is OC, no permit or license needed.
    Except for the towns of Cary & Durham.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast