Open Carry States
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Open Carry States

Open Carry States

Hey all ~

I currenty hold a Washington State CWP and just recieved my paper work to obtain a non-resident Florida state CWP, which covers quite a few more states, I do a lot of motorcycle touring and ride through Colorado often, Colorado does not issue CWP's to non-residents. My question is this ... ...

Is it legal to "Open Carry" in the state of Colorado ?

Yes ,but not in Denver. With this link just click on any of the states you wish to inquire about.

OpenCarry.org - A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost!
    XDm 40 16+1+16+16

Quote Originally Posted by PX4storm View Post
    Hey all ~

I currenty hold a Washington State CWP...
    Is it legal to "Open Carry" in the state of Colorado ?
    Washington does not issue a CWP, or permit of any kind with regards to firearms. Actually.

;)

Quote Originally Posted by Mainsail View Post
    Washington does not issue a CWP, or permit of any kind with regards to firearms. Actually.

;)
    Actually they do. They are even a "shall issue" state.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/washington.pdf

Handgunlaw.us
    XDm 40 16+1+16+16

Quote Originally Posted by Sabotage70 View Post
    Actually they do. They are even a "shall issue" state.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/washington.pdf

Handgunlaw.us

Washington state issues a "Concealed Pistol License". They don't issue a "Concealed Weapon Permit" or a "Concealed Weapon License".

Florida OTOH issues a "Concealed Weapons License". The difference is what you're allowed to carry under the authority of the license. If the state issues a "Pistol" or "Firearms" license, then the license is restricted to "firearms" or "pistols" unless otherwise authorized by law or statute. In the case of Florida, the use of the term "Weapons" would allow the licensee to carry knives, daggers, etc. unless otherwise limited or restricted by law.

I AM NOT A LAWYER! DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING I POST AS "LEGAL ADVICE". I'M AN EXPERIENCED FIREARMS INSTRUCTOR WITH PERMITS/LICENSES IN VAROIUS STATES OF WHICH I UNDERSTAND THE LAWS GOVERNING THE CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS OF THE LICENSE/PERMIT. PLEASE CONSULT AN ATTORNEY FAMILIAR WITH FIREARMS LAWS IN THE RESPECTIVE JURISDICTIONS IN QUESTION FOR "LEGAL ADVICE'.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Mainsail, I think you are thinking about Washington DC, he's in Washington state.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

OK, ya got me ..... I have a Washington State Concealed Pistol License, fer Petes sake it's still a weapon !

OK, ya got me ..... I have a Washington State Concealed Pistol License, fer Petes sake it's still a weapon !
    The term "weapon" implies an offensive use. I like to use the term "pistol", "firearm", "handgun", etc. As a NRA Instructor, and one who often comes in contact with strongly "anti" groups or individuals, I find that using the more "PC" term, though at times nauseating, will help difuse many of their arguments.

I do my best to appeal to as many people as possible. I might not agree with having to be "PC" all of the time, but it's the most effective way to get my message across.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    The term "weapon" implies an offensive use. I like to use the term "pistol", "firearm", "handgun", etc. As a NRA Instructor, and one who often comes in contact with strongly "anti" groups or individuals, I find that using the more "PC" term, though at times nauseating, will help difuse many of their arguments.

I do my best to appeal to as many people as possible. I might not agree with having to be "PC" all of the time, but it's the most effective way to get my message across.

gf
    As a child I took boxing lessions from my golden glove brother-in-law, as a tenager I took 4-years of Taekowndo, and later in life I took hand to hand combative classes, just to be PC how should I refer to my hands.

Should I call my hands, hands or weapons, wait .... nose pickers ! BUT you're right the PC people are nauseating ... ... it's time for a change, they need to get over themselves, as I am tired of being PC.

My point was that it's a license not a permit. No drama though, I knew what you meant.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast