I finally did it!

Thread: I finally did it!

I finally did it!

so I have been teetering on OC outside of my neighborhood and shooting range for awhile now. Well I spent yesterday in Macon, GA and decided to just tuck in my shirt and let it hangout. I have to say it felt great and I know it might be hard to believe but I didn't cause mass panic there was no one screaming "Man with a gun" police didn't come and the stores didn't get locked down. Also I wasn't a target (there was no robberies) and no one tried to take my piece. We went to chilli's bar and grill (no shootout) went to academy sporting goods and even SAMs club. Besides the occasional woman staring at me and whispering something to her husband it was not really any different then CC for me.
    If your thinking about OC then read the "Open Carry Argument" and then give it a try. Thanks for everyones help and info I have recieved from this forum.
    I do believe there is a time and place to CC for instance I sit in a place now that my permit doesn't allow me to carry but me military ID here in GA does so to keep from being "harassed" I am CCing right now.
    "The purpose of war is not to die for your country. The purpose of war is to ensure that the other guy dies for his country." - General Patton

Seemed like a fine idea so I too tucked my shirt in and headed out...

Then I realized I was in Florida ...

Please change my username to inmate 2K99F93772

Thanks for sharing! I'd like to hear other's reports of OC just to learn about their respective experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by 2beararms View Post
    Seemed like a fine idea so I too tucked my shirt in and headed out...

Then I realized I was in Florida ...

Please change my username to inmate 2K99F93772
    your right inmate 2k99f93772 that you can't OC but what would you expect from a stAte where people only where half their clothes most of the year? Or they are using their walkers and scooters. But just think all you gotta do is drive north tuck in and go. Besides you have the beaches that it is Gerry easy to conceal at.
    "The purpose of war is not to die for your country. The purpose of war is to ensure that the other guy dies for his country." - General Patton

Good 4 U ..... I have not had the courage to OC yet, but I keep thinking about it like it's on my bucket list !

GOOD FOR YOU!

Open carry is limited in SC, but we can do it going to or from hunting, fishing, or the shooting range (if you are a member of the range or a guest).

I try to open carry always at the boat landing or when heading out to hunt. For some reason haven't done it going to the range, maybe because I normally don't wear a belt except with "outdoorsman" clothing.

I would love to OC in SC but like you said Islander, you only have a few options here.