How to obtain open-carry/concealed permit in California - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to obtain open-carry/concealed permit in California

Open carry is legal in California, just not a loaded weapon. Your piece must be holstered, and you can carry a loaded mag that is not in the weapon.

CC on the other hand, like has been stated, is near impossible for the "average Joe". Classes are needed, applications, fees, and a letter of "need" written and submited to the Sheriff of the county that you live in and are applying for permit in. Even though all you back ground checks and everything may make you "good to go" the Sheriff still has the final say as to whether or not you get a permit. As far as I know, they don't have to give you a reason for denial.

I love California, born there, used to live there, but glad I live in a "free state" that goes "by the bookk" and doesn't let some one "in power" decide who they like and who gets a permit. Long live Missouri.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Here is 65 pages worth of reading...

CA Firearms Laws
    What a pile of crap. Glad I left that goofy state.

4. I'm currently looking to relocate to another state. This thread has effectively convinced me to make San Diego at the bottom of my list now. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
    I'm currently looking to relocate to another state. This thread has effectively convinced me to make San Diego at the bottom of my list now. Thank you.
    Good choice. I love California and would move back in a heartbeat if the insanity disappeared. As it is, I refuse to move back.

Have you considered Nevada or Arizona? I like living in Nevada pretty well and will probably retire back in Arizona.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

I must say, I didn't expect this much feedback, but wanted to say thanks to everyone. It makes me feel that much better about living in California.

I wonder if higher taxes, higher unemployment rates, higher gas prices, lost real-estate value, increased poverty and crime are reasons for the so-called "good cause".

I understand that, in most Calif counties, the best shot at getting a CC permit is a sizable donation to the Sheriff's reelection campaign fund...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12