Indiana Open Carry. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Indiana Open Carry.

1. Thanks guy's yep Ohio laws can be confusing I'll make sure I do not piss off my local LEO and stay away from his daughter do appreciate all the info very helpful thanks.

3. Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    There is no "grey" area in PA law. It is not prohibited by statute, therefore it is legal by default.
    I take most of the information i read with a grain of salt do to the ever changing laws in america .Just passing on info,it never hurts to be cautious where the law is concerned.

4. Hello all..New here and just recieved my indiana license in the mail today

WOW, So much misinformation in this thread. Where to begin?

1. Ohio is SHALL issue. The issuing authorities do not have the power of discretion. If, you meet the criteria, you must be issued a permit.
    2. Unlicensed vehicle carry of a handgun in Ohio requires that the gun is unloaded and remains visible with the action open. Ammo, does not need to be kept in another compartment on the vehicle. However, if you keep loaded magazines or speedloaders, then the firearm is considered loaded, even if they are not inserted into the firearm. Keep mags empty and ammo in commercial ammo boxes.
    3. Open carry while on foot in Ohio is completely legal.
    4. In fact, of that list of states where one "shouldn't open carry", most are rated "open carry friendly" by opencarry.org.
    5. Indiana does require a criminal background check, as well as fingerprinting.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

6. Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    WOW, So much misinformation in this thread. Where to begin?

1. Ohio is SHALL issue. The issuing authorities do not have the power of discretion. If, you meet the criteria, you must be issued a permit.
    2. Unlicensed vehicle carry of a handgun in Ohio requires that the gun is unloaded and remains visible with the action open. Ammo, does not need to be kept in another compartment on the vehicle. However, if you keep loaded magazines or speedloaders, then the firearm is considered loaded, even if they are not inserted into the firearm. Keep mags empty and ammo in commercial ammo boxes.
    3. Open carry while on foot in Ohio is completely legal.
    4. In fact, of that list of states where one "shouldn't open carry", most are rated "open carry friendly" by opencarry.org.
    5. Indiana does require a criminal background check, as well as fingerprinting.
    And yes, I stand corrected. But as far as I was lead to believe, it was a "State" background check. Not the NICS/Fed background check. And another yes, there are fingerprint requirements as well. But again, I was lead to believe that is was used for the State of Indiana, NOT the Fed's.

But I have NO problem with being proven wrong. Thanks ultimmer. :)

-Wraith

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12