Grooming and Manner of Dress for O.C. - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 68

Thread: Grooming and Manner of Dress for O.C.

  1. #51
    wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by .45acp View Post
    You guys are a riot....Stetson, you means there is another kind of hat!

    Steve
    Sure there are fedoras and ballcaps.

  2.   
  3. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Sure there are fedoras and ballcaps.
    I have a Stetson fedora...great hat.

  4. #53
    handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder69 View Post
    I know what you guys are saying...But I cant agree with this one. I like to O.C. sometimes and I also like to throw on a old pair of jeans and tee shirt, and if it's hot enough out side I just might have on the old skull cap (yes i'm balding) and my leather vest.
    To some folks I might just look like the thug you are talking about, And I don't want to be harassed just because I'm dressed for comfort. Cuzz I'm still the same person when I'm slicked up and carrying concealed, Witch I am 80% of the time..So just not a good idea IMO.
    I see your point, but you are probably like me and getting a little older. Older guys usually don't try to look like gang bangers. We lack something that we had in our youth. If I saw an older guy with tattoos (like me) and a pair of jeans on and some leather, toting a roscoe out in the open, I would not think anything of it. Different if I saw a 21 year old with his underware showing and baggy pants. I guess I'm just getting old.

  5. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    I see your point, but you are probably like me and getting a little older. Older guys usually don't try to look like gang bangers. We lack something that we had in our youth. If I saw an older guy with tattoos (like me) and a pair of jeans on and some leather, toting a roscoe out in the open, I would not think anything of it. Different if I saw a 21 year old with his underware showing and baggy pants. I guess I'm just getting old.
    No, you're not getting older. you're just getting wiser. LOL! And it isn't YOUR fault that the folks that walk around trying to imitate gangbangers get profiled. They are trying to copy the look, so you get all the harassment that goes with "the look". They can't have their cake and eat it too.

    Where I differ from most on this issue is that I don't believe there is anything at all wrong about profiling, because I know where the term came originated. It originated in the drug culture. It isn't a racist term at all, like MANY would have you believe.

  6. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Paw Paw, MI
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1climber View Post
    The only time that I would OC is at home, any other time is asking for an encounter with LEO or worse a BG hitting you over the head from the rear and taking you weapon and using against you.
    Stay alert and avoid bad stuff, carry concealed.
    You just keep drinking the Kool-Aid, Dave...
    Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics...

  7. #56
    I open carry every day and have yet to be bonked on the head and stripped of my weapon... Not to mention I have had several friendly interactions with LEO, such as talking with them while having lunch in the same place, when I bump into them at Starbucks or while walking around my apartment complex for a little exercise (several LEO live in my complex) and as of yet have had no problem while OCing...
    Last edited by SCJeffro; 05-24-2010 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Cuz I are a bad spellar...
    "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
    Second Amendment to the United States Constitution

  8. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    N. Central Indiana
    Posts
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post

    Where I differ from most on this issue is that I don't believe there is anything at all wrong about profiling, because I know where the term came originated. It originated in the drug culture. It isn't a racist term at all, like MANY would have you believe.
    You don't differ from me. I've profiled everyone for over 42 years... long before it was politically correct, or incorrect to do so. At my age, I don't see my profiling criteria changing the least little bit. Gotta watch us old guys.
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

  9. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    N. Central Indiana
    Posts
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by hopnpop View Post
    You just keep drinking the Kool-Aid, Dave...
    One of my posts from another, similar thread.........

    "Open carry and/or concealed carry is a personal preference. Neither one works all the time, for all the folks. It's just like the caliber wars..... nobody is wrong, and nobody is right.... but there are valid points on both sides..... deal with it."
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

  10. #59
    First, I'll assume for the sake of this thread that you guys that say you profile all the time are not LEO. So, the way you react based on profiling is to watch someone closer, perhaps to protect your own hide, or that of someone else. A LEO profiling must yield the same result as a civilian profiling, further scrutiny. Profiling is fine, and probably smart, as long as it isn't the sole basis for detainment. The result of profiling should be closer scrutiny, where probable cause may then be found. The bottom line is, no probable cause, no detainment.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

  11. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Paw Paw, MI
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    First, I'll assume for the sake of this thread that you guys that say you profile all the time are not LEO. So, the way you react based on profiling is to watch someone closer, perhaps to protect your own hide, or that of someone else. A LEO profiling must yield the same result as a civilian profiling, further scrutiny. Profiling is fine, and probably smart, as long as it isn't the sole basis for detainment. The result of profiling should be closer scrutiny, where probable cause may then be found. The bottom line is, no probable cause, no detainment.
    I'm on-board with that, well-put.
    Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast