A store in Bullhead City, AZ and (Henderson, NV) that doesn't like Guns!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A store in Bullhead City, AZ and (Henderson, NV) that doesn't like Guns!

A store in Bullhead City, AZ and (Henderson, NV) that doesn't like Guns!

I was out in Bullhead City, AZ today to do a little shopping... I stopped in at a store I have been to many times and was greeted by this SARCASM ON "beautiful sight" SARCASM OFF...

The store is Xtreme Sportswear (they have a location here on Hwy 95 and one in Henderson on S. Valle Verde)

I called and talked to the Clerk and asked for the name of the Manager of this store... The Manager was not there (I am going to talk to her tomorrow) so I asked the clerk about the sign and told her they would no longer get any of my business because of the new sign.

She stated "Well we put it up because not too long ago we almost got robbed"

I asked "how is this sign supposed to help?"

She said "Cause people won't bring guns in"

I replied... "OK look at it this way, Do you think the robber was carrying a gun legally"

"No, probably not" she said

"Ok so he was there to rob you, he probably had an illegal gun... Do you think the sign is going to stop him from coming in and robbing you again?" I asked...

I finished by saying "you are probably right, in fact the sign is going to now tell him 'there is no good guys in here with guns because they follow the rules' so now this store is an even EASIER target! Wouldn't that make sense? I mean which store would a robber rather rob, a store where they welcome legal gun owners or one that doesn't?? I would say the one that doesn't is obviously an easier target for someone looking to Rob, Rape or Murder the people inside right?"

"I guess" she said.

"OK thanks for your time, I will call and talk with the manager tomorrow, have a great evening!"

Amen

I'm sure the law against robbing people stopped a few robberies today... No? Darn.

Thanks for the post Jeffro. I hope your conversation with the manager works out well.

Update:

So I just talked to the manager and she said "it was the owners that requested that the sign be put up."

I explained the logic of how the sign made them an easier target and ran a couple scenarios with her with the sign and without the sign. She agreed that it made sense to her that the sign keeps good people out and tells bad people they won't be challenged inside. The point that I will not be shopping there and because of this both of their stores are now known in the gun world as "anti gun" was also made. I let her know that word of mouth advertising is a big deal, especially for small stores like this! I was OC the whole time and she did not ask me to leave. I also pointed out that the sign did not stop me, a GOOD GUY, from coming in with my gun and that if I had been a BAD GUY intending to do them harm or rob the store it obviously would not have hindered me in the least. She agreed, All in all it went well but she said I would have to talk to the owner about it. They will be in the store Saturday and I will be in Las Vegas so I plan on calling them.

She also explained to me what "almost got robbed" meant... Apparently a man came in with a gun and pointed it at the clerk and demanded money she refused and the man left... Hence they "almost got robbed" after this the clerk quit because of stress and they put up the sign.

It seems to have worked wonders as they have not been robbed since... lol
    "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
    Second Amendment to the United States Constitution

Gotta love the ignorance of people....When do people realize that gun control DOES NOT WORK? Eh, theyll figure it out when someone gets killed because the good guys with guns couldnt be there to maybe assist....
    Eh, Hope your talk with them goes down, but I sure as hell wouldnt have went inside.
    Good job on explaining the situations with the stores manager. Hope all goes well with the owner
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

The thought that they needed a sign is sad to begin with. To see a business to put up a handwritten piece of garbage is simply appalling.

I'd spread the word about the "anti-gun" nature of the store and refrain from giving them any of my hard earned money.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

9. Quote Originally Posted by SCJeffro View Post
    I was out in Bullhead City, AZ today to do a little shopping... I stopped in at a store I have been to many times and was greeted by this SARCASM ON "beautiful sight" SARCASM OFF...

The store is Xtreme Sportswear (they have a location here on Hwy 95 and one in Henderson on S. Valle Verde)

I called and talked to the Clerk and asked for the name of the Manager of this store... The Manager was not there (I am going to talk to her tomorrow) so I asked the clerk about the sign and told her they would no longer get any of my business because of the new sign.

I replied... "OK look at it this way, Do you think the robber was carrying a gun legally"

"Ok so he was there to rob you, he probably had an illegal gun... Do you think the sign is going to stop him from coming in and robbing you again?" I asked...

I finished by saying "you are probably right, in fact the sign is going to now tell him 'there is no good guys in here with guns because they follow the rules' so now this store is an even EASIER target! Wouldn't that make sense? I mean which store would a robber rather rob, a store where they welcome legal gun owners or one that doesn't?? I would say the one that doesn't is obviously an easier target for someone looking to Rob, Rape or Murder the people inside right?"

"I guess" she said.

"OK thanks for your time, I will call and talk with the manager tomorrow, have a great evening!"

Unreal buddy! You dealt with that nutty store more then I would have . I don't live far from them . Almost all the large stores in our area have been robbed . I know of a female employee who was being robbed and distracted robber and pulled hers on him . He pissed on himself . He was luckier with her . I would have shot him . Seems like every time I hear these stories of stupid crimenals (are there any other kinde ) when met with a person with a permit they piss themselves or cry ! I wish you could tell that stupid store manager their time will come . I have not heard of this kind of lunacy in this town before . I guess given time even stupid people will think this way in Henderson ! Just not many !!!!! God Bless , keep it loaded !!!!!!!!!

10. Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    Iceman I liked that a lot !!!! I don't live from that goofy store .Everyone here has a gun or a permit and knows why . My guess that nut that owns that store came from a gun control state ! I have been coming here 20 years and have lived here 6 . I have had my permit for almost a year because of a goofy forced Metro's (cop ) drugged up adult son who lives with him and doesn't . Also other adult son who used to live with them is into drugs . If they think of getting me guess again ! Take care another former Midwesterner who is not going to run !!!

Quote Originally Posted by SCJeffro View Post

"I guess" she said.

AS big as that sign is, it's still not legal in S.C. We could still walk in there armed. the reason is that it doesn't meet code. the main reason it doesn't meet code is that it doesn't have the official picture of a gun in a red circle with a black line drawn diagonally. That's an international format for something that is not allowed by law. Some people can't read, so you need to use the International formats symbols that they can understand. I bet your State has laws to that effect. You might check on that and explain it to the owner. Once he/she has to go through all that to get it special made, they MIGHT just think it's to much hassle and go with your suggestion to let LEGAL folks in to help protect the place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast