1st time OC in Kentucky today - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st time OC in Kentucky today

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    Thats cool. I have my CCW, but never really had the desire to carry in the open. I believe in Indiana it is legal to carry open, but I am not positive on that. Here in the town I live in they are starting to become a bunch of turds about the gun and carry issue. Looks like its time to move to Kentucky!
    In Indiana, you have to get a permit, but it covers both open and concealed carry, if my memory serves me correctly.

Carried again today openly. I went to the mall, Meijer, Speedway, and Sears and it was not a problem anywhere. Haven't seen anyone open carrying in the 2 days i was. No questions asked or anything that i noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by 901-Memphis View Post
    Carried again today openly. I went to the mall, Meijer, Speedway, and Sears and it was not a problem anywhere. Haven't seen anyone open carrying in the 2 days i was. No questions asked or anything that i noticed.
    I've been OCing for almost a year and except for one sheriff's deputy(and he got put in his place), I have had no issues.

Your just not going to have a problem in Kentucky, sure you MIGHT run into some gung ho rookie that doesn't know the laws well enough, but if you know them, you will prevail simply by affirming them politely. If that doesn't work, tell them to get a supervisor on scene.

Good to know, i will only be doing it until my permit arrives, so about 1 or 2 months depending on how long it takes.

Thumbs up OC in Ky

Shucks, in Boone Co. you get funny looks if you DON'T carry....

Well i decided to go ahead and excercise my right to open carry in my state today for the first time.

I live in Boone County KY and i had no issues with a variety of places i went to.

I went to a local park for an hour or so with my family, Lees Chicken and ate inside, i also went to Christmas Tree Shops and bought some stuff.

I then went to my local walmart in Florence, KY and no issues there.

Not even one person asked me anything. There were kids everywhere at the park and no one seemed to care.

Good to know i can open carry while i wait for my CCDW permit to process.
    901 Memphis,

Keep carrying, everyday day if your situation permits, it gets to be a matter of routine and ou'll find that as your comfort and confidence with OC builds, people around you notice the firearm less and less.

Steve

Good to know, i will only be doing it until my permit arrives, so about 1 or 2 months depending on how long it takes.
    You may find out that as cool as CC is, OC is much more confortable and does not require as much consideration as to the clothing selection for CC. In the summer months OC wins hands down.

Steve

Ya i need a better holster that i can wear on my hip but throw a shirt over, because the nylon holster i have is just a cheapo to get by with.

I just don't think after dropping all that money on the crossbreed supertuck i will be able to buy a new holster for awhile.

If i don't like the supertuck though i will be taking advantage of the return policy; although i hear its going to be great.

My advise to everyone is avoid the cheap nylon holsters, a good solid holster and belt combination is the key to comfortable carry day in and day out. Good luck with the Supertuck, a good number of folks like them.

Steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12