1st time OC in Kentucky today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st time OC in Kentucky today

1st time OC in Kentucky today

Well i decided to go ahead and excercise my right to open carry in my state today for the first time.

I live in Boone County KY and i had no issues with a variety of places i went to.

I went to a local park for an hour or so with my family, Lees Chicken and ate inside, i also went to Christmas Tree Shops and bought some stuff.

I then went to my local walmart in Florence, KY and no issues there.

Not even one person asked me anything. There were kids everywhere at the park and no one seemed to care.

Good to know i can open carry while i wait for my CCDW permit to process.

The first time is always the toughest, enjoy your newfound freedom.
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

Shoot, wish I could work up the courage to do it more often than I do...I tend to only carry around my Apartment complex, havent worked anything up to carry out in the "real world" guess Im afraid some cop will shoot me or something lol.
    Glad to hear yours went well. Maybe Ill work on it when I get back from Training next week.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

I felt a little more comfortable because i was with my family so i didn't look like i was some crazy guy out on a mission, i think demeanor has a lot to do with the response you get from others.

Just waiting on my Uncle Mikes belt to get here because the leather belt i have is less than ideal for carrying.

I open carried in KY once by mistake. I normally drive with my Glock on my hip in a Fobus holster. Living in east TN, I routinely travel through KY on business. One day I stopped to refuel my tank and belly and walked into a Captain D's and forgot to cover my Glock with my shirt which is my normal routine when out and about. I didn’t realize my mistake until I was standing in line reaching for my wallet. In my mind I started to feel like everyone was starring at me but no one screamed or for that matter really seemed to care. I was handed my order, returned to my car and left. Will have to try that again but next time I will dine inside.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by BigSlick View Post
    I open carried in KY once by mistake. I normally drive with my Glock on my hip in a Fobus holster. Living in east TN, I routinely travel through KY on business. One day I stopped to refuel my tank and belly and walked into a Captain D's and forgot to cover my Glock with my shirt which is my normal routine when out and about. I didn’t realize my mistake until I was standing in line reaching for my wallet. In my mind I started to feel like everyone was starring at me but no one screamed or for that matter really seemed to care. I was handed my order, returned to my car and left. Will have to try that again but next time I will dine inside.
    See, we love our 2A so much that we'll even let people from other states come and OC with no legality problems.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 901-Memphis View Post
    Well i decided to go ahead and excercise my right to open carry in my state today for the first time.

I live in Boone County KY and i had no issues with a variety of places i went to.

I went to a local park for an hour or so with my family, Lees Chicken and ate inside, i also went to Christmas Tree Shops and bought some stuff.

I then went to my local walmart in Florence, KY and no issues there.

Not even one person asked me anything. There were kids everywhere at the park and no one seemed to care.

Good to know i can open carry while i wait for my CCDW permit to process.
    Thats cool. I have my CCW, but never really had the desire to carry in the open. I believe in Indiana it is legal to carry open, but I am not positive on that. Here in the town I live in they are starting to become a bunch of turds about the gun and carry issue. Looks like its time to move to Kentucky!

Like i said so far it has been a positive experience open carrying, but i will post back and let you guys know if i have any problems with it in the near future before my CCDW arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    Shoot, wish I could work up the courage to do it more often than I do...I tend to only carry around my Apartment complex, havent worked anything up to carry out in the "real world" guess Im afraid some cop will shoot me or something lol.
    Glad to hear yours went well. Maybe Ill work on it when I get back from Training next week.
    This is an honst response! I feel pretty much the same here in Maine. It's legal, but....
    Curt Lovelace
    Bible believing, gun toting pastor
    Acton, Maine

I am going to try other places today will post back up how it goes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast