Sears and Kmart - Defense Free Zones - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sears and Kmart - Defense Free Zones

open carry proponent

Ice man, you seem to forget one important thing, criminals are weak, frightened opportunists, that only prey on those whom they believe are weaker. I can't recall ever having read a story or article where an open carrier was singled out for attack because he was carrying. The problem with concealed carry, and I am a licensed carrier in Texas, is that by the time you can display your weapon, a crime is already in progress. There is a deterrent factor in open carry that concealed carry doesn't offer. Yes you will have the "look at me" guys, but that is a representative few. I constantly hear of "the return of the old west", and that isn't a bad thing. If you do your homework you'll find that per capita crime rates were significantly less than they are today. Is that perhaps people were a little more respectful, a bit more restrained in their thoughts and actions, being around people who carried guns, probably. Most gun laws were originally written to prevent concealed carry, because any self respecting, law abiding citizen wore theirs openly. Back then only brigands and highwaymen kept their guns concealed. Anyway this is just one man's humble opinion.

P.S. I carry a Kimber .45, for defense of myself and others, a 50+ yard gun. Everyone has a reason to carry, and for those only interested in self defense a .380 0r 25 ACP might suffice. There are three types of people in this world, the wolves, the sheep, and then there are guys like me, the ones I like to call "the sheepdogs". That is a person who will engage that AK-47 wielding maniac, from cover, because it is the right thing to do, even if it represents a danger to himself. "For there is no greater love than to give ones life for another", you just have to ask yourself what you believe in. God Bless.

The reason I asked Iceman if he would just not carry if he couldn't CC was because Paintsnow (and myself actually) can't carry concealed, at least not yet... He is under 21 and can not yet get a CCW and I am waiting on my CCW to come in the mail so, as of now our only means of protection is to OC. I for one am glad we have the right to do so in Nevada!

I back Paintsnow 100% in what he is doing to get people to stop patronizing Anti-gun establishments! It worked with Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart, and Starbucks so far! They have all taken stances that their official policy is to go along with the laws of local government in regard to firearms in their stores. This was due to the fact that they had pressure put on them by gun owners that stood up and said, You have every right not to allow carry in your stores, but know that if you don't allow us to carry in your stores, we will simply NOT do business with you!

I would be right there with you by the way Tex, I am a firm believe of "In God we trust" I would gladly lay down my own life to save even one innocent life!
    "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
    Second Amendment to the United States Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by SCJeffro View Post
    Iceman, I have a question for you. if you could not CC Say you didn't have a CCW, would you OC or choose to not carry at all?
    I would OC only under the following conditions. Employment, or going in harms way. Uniformed Police, Military, and armed security with carry weapons send the following message. "Interference with my mission could get you shot". The other; Going in harms way. Regarding going in harms way, I would not carry a pistol, but rather a long gun.

If any of you wish to OC, knock yourself out. It is not for me.

Regarding the poster who carries the Kimber .45, and is willing to take on someone with a long gun, I hope you have made your final arrangements.

A couple of months ago there was a poster with a Taurus .45 who claimed he could take out targets at 200 yards.

If pistols were all that, why does the miltary and swat use long guns?

Ice, my opinion for the most part follows yours; However, it may be more acceptable/appropriate in certain areas. Very rural areas such as Nevada, Montana, etc may be good locations for Open Carry, where Minneapolis and Tampa may not be..

Back to the subject.. Asking Sears to follow local laws guidelines.

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    I would OC only under the following conditions. Employment, or going in harms way. Uniformed Police, Military, and armed security with carry weapons send the following message. "Interference with my mission could get you shot". The other; Going in harms way. Regarding going in harms way, I would not carry a pistol, but rather a long gun.
    Why then do you carry at all?

The reason I chose to carry (whether it be Open or Concealed) is as a means of protecting myself and others around me should I or they be put in imminent danger.

I guess I don't understand your reason for carrying. If you say for protection then why not OC if it was an option to you and CC was not? Unless you don't see it as being a real danger to not have a gun.. and if that is the case, then why carry one at all?

So Sorry... I digress... Sorry for hijacking the thread Paintsnow! Keep on it, if you are persistent then something will eventually get done about it!

Squeak, Squeak, Squeak, hey someone grease up that wheel!
    "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Not trying to get too far off topic, but yes I have made my final arrangements, I did that in Basic training 23 years ago when I was told we were deploying straight from basic (we didn't). The skill is in the shooter not the gun, we carry handguns for their convenience, S.W.A.T. and the Military carry long guns because they are mission specific. BTW my local Sears has no problem carrying concealed, and I know of at least one employee that carries ( he believes in the judged by 12 mantra) and yes he is licensed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex4oc View Post
    BTW my local Sears has no problem carrying concealed, and I know of at least one employee that carries ( he believes in the judged by 12 mantra) and yes he is licensed.
    According to the Corporate Policy that was quoted to me on the phone and is in writing in the emails Paintsnow posted, he and anyone else carrying in a Sears store is in violation of the NO FIREARMS policy... That is not to say that your local manager doesn't turn a blind eye to it... I mean lets face it if there is no one around enforcing the speed limit are people still going to obey it? The speed limit is still there though right?

(Hmmm I should have used the "federal immigration law" instead of the "speed limit" in that example... Oh well next time)

In Florida (no open carry) you do not have to follow their policy.. IF they discover you are armed and ask you to leave, then you should leave without delay and without protest, otherwise you will be charged with trespassing.
    But if Sears does not want me in their store, I can live with that.. They are at the Mall and I hate to go to the mall..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

I've OC'd in both Sears and Kmart many times in my local area with no problems.

I was at Kmart about a month ago OC'ing and got into a friendly discussion with a worker there about the legality of open carry. No alarms, no cops, no being asked to leave.

I boycott Sears now in general, but nothing to do with firearms.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast