Sears and Kmart - Defense Free Zones - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 59

Thread: Sears and Kmart - Defense Free Zones

  1. #21
    handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    "Yea, they feel that way now until some crazed bastard walks in with a long gun and starts hosing people down. CCW holder only seconds away, but lets wait on the police who are only minutes away. Yes, much better that way"

    Very true Hand. However, in my case, if I hear the distinctive sound of 7.62x39 rounds being fired at the other end mall, I am headed for the next exit. The firearms, that I and many others use for CC are optimal at seven yards or less. There is the full size carry crowd, but against a crazed lunatic with a long gun?

    I am not a proponent of open carry. IMO, it scares the sheep, and serves no useful purpose. I have personally seen two individuals open carry. I was not impressed with their overall appearance, or demeanor. On both occasions, these zealots were packing huge pistols. One a model 29, the other a desert eagle. IMO, it was purely a case of, "Look at me". I believe those who do open carry only hinder the concealed carry cause.

    Hand, you stated that open carry may save lives. If I were going to go on a shooting spree, guess who my first targets will be? "Those who might stop my homicidal rampage." My victims firearm would only add to my arsenal.

    My other opinion on open carry is, in certain neighborhoods, open carry is an open invitation to be "jacked" and relieved of your firearm.

    When I go to a shopping mall, or god forbid, Walmart, I always CC. IMO malls are like shooting gallery's.

    As I stated earlier, my CC firearm is such that it is only a short distance weapon. It is intended only to get myself, and company out of harms way. It is not intended to go hunting for a crazed assassin with a long gun.

    Open Carry may be within the laws of the respective state. IMO, it only results in more restrictive laws being passed. It brings one unnecessary attention. This is not Dodge City. It terrifies the sheep.

    IMO, CC is the only way to go. IMO, CC saves lives.


    LEE HARVEY OPEN CARRY
    Actually, I have to say that I don't much like OC. I don't OC, even though I can in Indiana. Some guys like that way, but I prefer to CCW. I also have to agree with the AK version of hosing people down, and me with a hand gun, would not be a fair fight, but I also saw a video from a store down south where a guy came in the place with an AK and shotgun and started hosing the place down. He killed one employee and shot a few other people before he corned a guy with a CCW. BG with the AK ran out of bullets and went to the shotgun, but lost the fight. I know he had the advantage, but if the CCW guy would not have had his gun, he would have been a statistic too. Yea, I would not run to the sound of gunfire if I heard that familiar staccado of AK fire and all I had was a hand gun, but in that particular case the lucky guy with the CCW lived.

  2.   
  3. #22
    Here is the response from Sears to my e-mail..

    They need to receive many more like my inquiry

    "Dear Harry,

    Thank you for your recent correspondence. We are always interested in
    hearing from our customers, and regret it was this type of situation
    that prompted you to contact us. Please accept our apology for any
    offense this may have caused.

    With regard to your suggestion that Sears change its policy regarding
    weapons in the workplace, Sears has no intention of doing so at this
    time as we remain focused on providing a safe shopping and work
    environment for our customers and associates

    By sharing your concerns, you have enabled us to provide feedback to the
    appropriate person. Truly, your remarks provide forthright feedback
    that will enable Sears to achieve excellence in everything we do.

    Once again, thank you for contacting us.

    Sincerely,

    Dylan C.
    National Customer Relations
    Sears Holdings Corp.
    Original Message Follows:"


    Maybe Dylan didn't understand that their policy actually does NOT make a safer shopping and work environment.. But I'm not surprised..

    Unless more people send messages, my request will only be a tiny blip on their radar..

    Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Idaho
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    "Yea, they feel that way now until some crazed bastard walks in with a long gun and starts hosing people down. CCW holder only seconds away, but lets wait on the police who are only minutes away. Yes, much better that way"

    Very true Hand. However, in my case, if I hear the distinctive sound of 7.62x39 rounds being fired at the other end mall, I am headed for the next exit. The firearms, that I and many others use for CC are optimal at seven yards or less. There is the full size carry crowd, but against a crazed lunatic with a long gun?

    I am not a proponent of open carry. IMO, it scares the sheep, and serves no useful purpose. I have personally seen two individuals open carry. I was not impressed with their overall appearance, or demeanor. On both occasions, these zealots were packing huge pistols. One a model 29, the other a desert eagle. IMO, it was purely a case of, "Look at me". I believe those who do open carry only hinder the concealed carry cause.

    Hand, you stated that open carry may save lives. If I were going to go on a shooting spree, guess who my first targets will be? "Those who might stop my homicidal rampage." My victims firearm would only add to my arsenal.

    My other opinion on open carry is, in certain neighborhoods, open carry is an open invitation to be "jacked" and relieved of your firearm.

    When I go to a shopping mall, or god forbid, Walmart, I always CC. IMO malls are like shooting gallery's.

    As I stated earlier, my CC firearm is such that it is only a short distance weapon. It is intended only to get myself, and company out of harms way. It is not intended to go hunting for a crazed assassin with a long gun.

    Open Carry may be within the laws of the respective state. IMO, it only results in more restrictive laws being passed. It brings one unnecessary attention. This is not Dodge City. It terrifies the sheep.

    IMO, CC is the only way to go. IMO, CC saves lives.


    LEE HARVEY OPEN CARRY

    OK, this may contradict my earlier posts, but I have to agree in substance with IceMan's comments....The one exception is that I am not sure I would run for the first exit..I don't think I would rush in to the heart of the mess, I might hold a position to see if I can be of any use, like picking the shithead off as he passed my location.

    Also, I have mixed feelings about open carry...I agree that you become a target (we have seen this when LEOs are picked off first during shootings at city council meetings, etc) and I also agree that the agressive OC movment is doing more harm than good. I understand why they are doing it in places like Kalifornia, where it is next to impossible to get a CCW in most counties, but I think it was too much, too soon for the lib sheeples in that area....places like here in Idaho, OC is no big deal, because 75% of the population is armed

  5. #24
    OC here in NV is getting more and more popular and IMHO it is becoming more and more accepted.
    Look what happened in AZ when people didn't throw in the towel, they have actually reverted back to using the Constitution of the United States!
    "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
    Second Amendment to the United States Constitution

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Close to Reading, PA
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by jibbster View Post
    The one exception is that I am not sure I would run for the first exit..I don't think I would rush in to the heart of the mess, I might hold a position to see if I can be of any use, like picking the shithead off as he passed my location.
    You are willing to forego an escape from a potential deadly situation because you are armed? If I saw or even heard someone shooting, and I had the opportunity to escape, I'm gone. The reason I carry is to protect myself and those who are with me / in my care. If they (or me) aren't threatened directly, I'm not willing to put my life in danger to be a potential hero. Good luck to you if you ever find yourself in that situation.

    Quote Originally Posted by jibbster View Post
    Also, I have mixed feelings about open carry...I agree that you become a target (we have seen this when LEOs are picked off first during shootings at city council meetings, etc) and I also agree that the agressive OC movment is doing more harm than good. I understand why they are doing it in places like Kalifornia, where it is next to impossible to get a CCW in most counties, but I think it was too much, too soon for the lib sheeples in that area....places like here in Idaho, OC is no big deal, because 75% of the population is armed
    I disagree about OC doing more harm than good. One of the reasons I carry openly, other than the obvious self-defense purpose, is to show the public in general that we gun-owners are not a threat. I find that I'm more polite and friendly when I OC because I try to be a good ambassador for the firearm community. Many people OC for the same reasons, and act accordingly. My state used to frown on OC, and now it is pretty much accepted. I barely even get a second look anymore.

    Also, there aren't many stories (only one that I know of) of people being targeted due to them OC'ing. There are, however, many stories about would-be violent crimes being stopped at the sight of a gun on the hip of a law-abiding citizen. An armed bank robbery was stopped within the last year because the potential thief saw an open carrier.

  7. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Idaho
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by rayven View Post
    You are willing to forego an escape from a potential deadly situation because you are armed? If I saw or even heard someone shooting, and I had the opportunity to escape, I'm gone. The reason I carry is to protect myself and those who are with me / in my care. If they (or me) aren't threatened directly, I'm not willing to put my life in danger to be a potential hero. Good luck to you if you ever find yourself in that situation..
    Rayven, yes, I would be willing to forego an escape if it meant putting down a bad guy and/or saving lives..maybe it's prior years in law enforcement, maybe it's just the natural ability to step up and help..what good does CC do if everyone turns and runs at the sound of shots? That being said, if I was there with my kids or family, and staying would put them in jeorpardy, the choice would not be as clear cut, as they would have to come first..it's one of those situations where there is no "one size fits all" answer, because the situations vary from one to the other.


    Quote Originally Posted by rayven View Post
    I disagree about OC doing more harm than good. One of the reasons I carry openly, other than the obvious self-defense purpose, is to show the public in general that we gun-owners are not a threat. I find that I'm more polite and friendly when I OC because I try to be a good ambassador for the firearm community. Many people OC for the same reasons, and act accordingly. My state used to frown on OC, and now it is pretty much accepted. I barely even get a second look anymore. .
    Thanks for your input on this one...it's not that I disagree with you, like I said, guns are very common place here in Idaho. I just wonder if in an unfriendly place such as the SF Bay Area, if all of the OC meetings at restaurants and coffee shops came on too fast and too heavy? I see now where Kalifornia is wanting to make it illegal to OC...knowing that place, they will get their wish.

    Quote Originally Posted by rayven View Post
    Also, there aren't many stories (only one that I know of) of people being targeted due to them OC'ing. There are, however, many stories about would-be violent crimes being stopped at the sight of a gun on the hip of a law-abiding citizen. An armed bank robbery was stopped within the last year because the potential thief saw an open carrier.
    I don't have a running count of these instance, but they are more common than you elude to..I recall seeing training bulletins and training filsm while in LE where this happened...certainly not every day, but certainly not an anomoly..maybe somoene who is still active in the LE community can chime in on this one? My problem with trying to deter crime by OC is that the bad guy always has the drop on you...he knows his intentions, he can walk in and scope the place out without letting his intentions know, while the rest of us are going about our daily business...I can see where a petty criminal or one that lacks fortitude may back off seeing an OC...but if you get some hardened parolee/three striker/career criminal, I wouldn't bet my life on the fact that he is going to back down seeing your OC.

    Thanks for the contradicting opinion, thats why I love the posts on this board!

  8. #27
    this thread has gone way It's not about what would you do in this situation or that situation, it's not is it OK to OC or not...

    This thread was about a Guy who went into a Sears store, was approached by a manager and security. security reached towards the guy's gun and then told him to leave... as he was leaving they followed him threatening to have him arrested and berating him in public for carrying a gun.

    The OP then asked that we as a Pro Gun group, boycott Sears (and Kmart being part of sears with the same policy) That is what this post is about. it is pretty simple, are you Pro Gun or Anti Gun?

    If you are PRO GUN, stop shopping at places that are Anti Gun and let them know why!

    I have seen posts over and over "well you shouldn't OC" it is the OPs ONLY LEGAL METHOD OF CARRY. He CAN NOT Concealed at the moment as he has no CCW. I am waiting for MY CCW as well so OPEN CARRY is my only method also, I am not just going to leave my gun at home... I own it for protection, I carry it for protection, if I don't carry it, what good does it do me?

    I have seen "Well I have carried in Sears and Kmart before with no problem" and SO HAVE I! BUT it doesn't mean they don't have a policy against it, it means some of them just don't enforce it... Anyone here ever gone over the speed limit on the freeway and not been caught? Does it mean that there is no speed limit?

    There is a big debate right now over a state that has passed it's own law that mirrors the Federal law already on the books, because the feds don't enforce their current law. having laws and policies in place that are not enforced can be a dangerous thing, What if the Sears or Kmart you or I visit decides to enforce their policy the day we are in there carrying? Then it directly effects US not just the OP. He is trying to ensure that never happens to US!
    "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
    Second Amendment to the United States Constitution

  9. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by SCJeffro View Post

    If you are PRO GUN, stop shopping at places that are Anti Gun and let them know why!
    The important part of this phrase is "LET THEM KNOW WHY!!!". It's not enough to just stop shopping, they have to know why they are loosing sales AND how many sales they are loosing..
    SO spend 10 minutes, click the link I supplied, and let them know that you will not be shopping in their stores anymore and why.. Is that toooooo much to ask?? I even provided an example.. Geeeezzzzz..
    It is only when the message is sent in large numbers will it get pushed up into upper management..

    Come on, this is the chance for a BIG coop!!

    Sears is from Chicago; one of the least gun friendly places in the country.. IF we could get Sears to change their mind, isn't that like a big slap in the face to Chicago's mayor (the big anti-gun spokesman that he is)

    Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

  10. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    The important part of this phrase is "LET THEM KNOW WHY!!!". It's not enough to just stop shopping, they have to know why they are loosing sales AND how many sales they are loosing..
    SO spend 10 minutes, click the link I supplied, and let them know that you will not be shopping in their stores anymore and why.. Is that toooooo much to ask?? I even provided an example.. Geeeezzzzz..
    It is only when the message is sent in large numbers will it get pushed up into upper management..

    Come on, this is the chance for a BIG coop!!

    Sears is from Chicago; one of the least gun friendly places in the country.. IF we could get Sears to change their mind, isn't that like a big slap in the face to Chicago's mayor (the big anti-gun spokesman that he is)
    I agree, here is an email address for their Customer service department [email protected] , I will be attempting to get email addresses for their board of directors Monday.
    "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
    Second Amendment to the United States Constitution

  11. #30

    Read their address

    Hoffman Estates, IL 60179
    IL!

    Have you clued in yet?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast