Sears and Kmart - Defense Free Zones - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 59 of 59

Thread: Sears and Kmart - Defense Free Zones

  1. #51
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Flint, Michigan
    Posts
    756
    Kmart a no carry zone? I hate to say it, but I think thats wrong information. I openly carried in a Kmart not even 3 days ago, no incident, I also conceal carry in there. Again, no incident [might be because they dont see it? lol] But, either way, it might vary by manager, or by state.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    Kmart a no carry zone? I hate to say it, but I think thats wrong information. I openly carried in a Kmart not even 3 days ago, no incident, I also conceal carry in there. Again, no incident [might be because they dont see it? lol] But, either way, it might vary by manager, or by state.
    It USED to be a corporate policy a couple days ago that no firearms were allowed. Sure enforcement might not have been consistent across the board, and could have possibly varied by manager, but the policy was on the books, and the whole corporation did not want citizens carrying at any of their Sears or Kmart locations. Please go back and see the responses received from corporate representatives.

    A letter was sent down from Sears Senior Councel (Sears Holdings Corporation owns Kmart, so this decision applies to all Sears and Kmart retail locations) stating that the policy now is to allow firearms in all of their locations where state and local laws permit it.

    Thanks to the hard work of SCJeffro and everybody who emailed and mailed Sears Corporate, we have achieved a victory for our RKBA.

  4. Iceman I completely disagree with you on many levels. With the right training you can be able to shoot from over 7 yards away. Also because of the Federal Government some of us are not legally old enough to carry again however out state does permit us to open carry. I think your take on open carry is very wrong. I open carry not because I want to show off my gun but because I can not carry a firearm any other way. If I could, yeah I would more than love to go and out get my CCW carry 1 or more guns with me and never let anybody see it.

  5. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Paw Paw, MI
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    Iceman I completely disagree with you on many levels. With the right training you can be able to shoot from over 7 yards away. Also because of the Federal Government some of us are not legally old enough to carry again however out state does permit us to open carry. I think your take on open carry is very wrong. I open carry not because I want to show off my gun but because I can not carry a firearm any other way. If I could, yeah I would more than love to go and out get my CCW carry 1 or more guns with me and never let anybody see it.
    Playing referee here, nothing ever gets accomplished by telling someone that their take on a certain mode of carry is (very) wrong. Everyone's got their own perspective and opinion, and it's theirs to have. I've got my own view, as do you, as does he, and nobody's definitively right or wrong. My perspective tends to vary greatly from those who are strictly anti-OC, but that's their opinions to have. I've said it a million times - both modes of carry have their +'s and -'s. Myself, being pro-OC, am sick of the "wild west" references, the opinion that OC is only for attention, is just stupid, it's to show off, etc. But I'm not going to waste my time and energy on trying to change those peoples' views. Just as no one should waste their time trying to change mine. For whatever reason you OC, in this case it being your only legal method, there will be those who "know" you're doing it for another reason... I think it best just to let them think whatever they're gonna think. They will anyway.
    Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics...

  6. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Paw Paw, MI
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by paintsnow View Post
    It USED to be a corporate policy a couple days ago that no firearms were allowed. Sure enforcement might not have been consistent across the board, and could have possibly varied by manager, but the policy was on the books, and the whole corporation did not want citizens carrying at any of their Sears or Kmart locations. Please go back and see the responses received from corporate representatives.

    A letter was sent down from Sears Senior Councel (Sears Holdings Corporation owns Kmart, so this decision applies to all Sears and Kmart retail locations) stating that the policy now is to allow firearms in all of their locations where state and local laws permit it.

    Thanks to the hard work of SCJeffro and everybody who emailed and mailed Sears Corporate, we have achieved a victory for our RKBA.
    BTW, I posted the "new" Sears policy at Opencarry.Org - hope no one minds, seeing how we're all on the same team.
    Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics...

  7. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    993
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

  8. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA
    Posts
    8,520
    Quote Originally Posted by hopnpop View Post
    Playing referee here, nothing ever gets accomplished by telling someone that their take on a certain mode of carry is (very) wrong. Everyone's got their own perspective and opinion, and it's theirs to have. I've got my own view, as do you, as does he, and nobody's definitively right or wrong. My perspective tends to vary greatly from those who are strictly anti-OC, but that's their opinions to have. I've said it a million times - both modes of carry have their +'s and -'s. Myself, being pro-OC, am sick of the "wild west" references, the opinion that OC is only for attention, is just stupid, it's to show off, etc. But I'm not going to waste my time and energy on trying to change those peoples' views. Just as no one should waste their time trying to change mine. For whatever reason you OC, in this case it being your only legal method, there will be those who "know" you're doing it for another reason... I think it best just to let them think whatever they're gonna think. They will anyway.
    #1
    The Most Important Thing That You Can Do In This Life, Is To Determine "WHERE" You Will "LIVE" In The Next Life.

  9. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    108
    I have never had a problrm st my local store,

  10. Probably beating a dead horse here, but none of the 'it is corporate policy' stuff is true... I work for a company under Sears Holdings... And their policy nation wide is "Guns in the store is governed by the strictest possible law in its area". As in, if your state allows Open Carry, but for some reason your county or even city does not, then the store goes by the county/city law. If the county/city does allow open carry but the state in general does not allow open carry, then the store goes by the state's law. They will always, ALWAYS, go by the law that is considered the most 'strict' for your governmental area...

    If anyone is thrown out because of OC or CC or whatever, then either you are not familiar with your actual gun laws in your state, county, city, or even township... Or, you just so happened to have a butt hurt Asset Protection employee/Nightshift Supervisor/Key Carrier/Manager that does not like guns in general. Luckily my store manager is an 'outdoorsman' and is around guns all the time because of his friends and such, so our store has the general mentality of "if there's a gun in the store, just keep an eye on him/her. They may be the person ending your life, or more hopefully SAVING your life".

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast