Open carried at Wal-Mart - Page 10
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Open carried at Wal-Mart

I need to read more? You should read more into how OC prevents crime. You state you support 2A rights but you are on the wagon of those who only support CC. Do you have a drivers license? Just because you have a drivers license mean you cannot walk anyplace that you have to drive all the time?

The MWAG calls have gone down with education of the public and from lawful OCers carrying about their day.
    Last edited by emt232004; 02-19-2011 at 05:52 AM. Reason: .

3. Quote Originally Posted by emt232004 View Post
    You state you support 2A rights but you are on the wagon of those who only support OC.
    I am willing to bet that you meant to say he is on the wagon of those who only support CC!

Don't worry, though, he won't see this post because he is ignoring me...

I live in a state where OC is not that big of a deal (unless you're on the Vegas "Strip"). I've carried concealed for over twenty five years with resident permits in Nevada and Florida...plus several other non-resident permits.

I guess I'm kind of a private guy. Even though I strongly support all defense of the second amendment, but don't really consider it my role to educate anyone...thus I carry concealed all the time. Open carry (to me) just invites attention and more questions than I'm willing to answer.

I regularly visit my local Walmart carrying my gun. By carrying concealed, I'm avoiding the very situation that Charlie47 faced. I'm in and out without wasting time when a greeter and store manager decide to become involved in something they obviously know little about.

Just my $0.02 worth.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Lowjiber View Post
    I live in a state where OC is not that big of a deal (unless you're on the Vegas "Strip"). I've carried concealed for over twenty five years with resident permits in Nevada and Florida...plus several other non-resident permits.

I guess I'm kind of a private guy. Even though I strongly support all defense of the second amendment, but don't really consider it my role to educate anyone...thus I carry concealed all the time. Open carry (to me) just invites attention and more questions than I'm willing to answer.

I regularly visit my local Walmart carrying my gun. By carrying concealed, I'm avoiding the very situation that Charlie47 faced. I'm in and out without wasting time when a greeter and store manager decide to become involved in something they obviously know little about.

Just my $0.02 worth.
    There you go... a nice, well reasoned post... without the name calling.... thank you!

Very Sincerely,
    One of the "Wild West Cowboys"
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowjiber View Post

Just my $0.02 worth.
    +1.
    "They who give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 1775

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Very Sincerely,
    One of the "Wild West Cowboys"
    Do they make a badge for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger357SP101 View Post
    Hmmm.
    So you DONT think that the voting public is freaked out when they see another shooting at walmart or some drug store that they have to shop at?
    Well of course....but I'm not shooting anyone. So when they see me, they see a law abiding citizen carrying a gun. It actually has the opposite effect that you think it does.

Claims of conjecture is a bit of a stretch given the fact that we now have many tens of thousands or even millions of Americans fighting against our rights using all these mass shootings as their reason.
    Did I miss something ??
    Not really, unless you can cite some research done by a legitimate and unbiased group, your "facts" are conjecture. Now? We've always had large numbers of naive and/or ignorant people fighting against our rights, that will never change. The only thing you've missed is that I exercise a right, instead of a privilege. I remind people that they have that right, instead of letting that FACT fade away from the public consciousness because I conceal it.

And why did they even ask about your gun to begin with?
    Do these folks walk up to uniformed LEO's and ask them about their guns ?
    They asked because guns are in the news every single day of American life now. What used to simply be a past time has now become a symbol of fear and anxiety because of so many shooting.
    Simply a past time? Your talking about something that gave you and ensured would remain, the society you have enjoyed all of your life. It is not a past time, it is the keystone of our civilization.

It has only become that symbol because for so long the only time people saw someone with a gun in public, they were doing bad things with it. Working on that...

The general public? Because they are curious. If they were afraid, do you think they would even approach me?

LEOs? Because you would be surprised at how little some LEOs know the laws they are paid to enforce, they just thought they were doing their job is all. I've been in sight of many more LEOs that said nothing.

And when you dont have your kids with you? Do those around you wonder if youve come in to start a killing spree ?
    Dont answer since neither of us can read minds.
    I can still answer. Yes and no, some will, some won't. But the ones that will, will also soon realize that I'm not and then the mentality that caused them to automatically think that I was, will have its foundation rocked. Many will begin to question the validity of their belief and some will be the aforementioned ones who ask.

Oddly enough not a week goes by where I dont cross a story about some 'man with a gun' call to police where the 'man with a gun' was simply an OC'er minding his own business.
    Sorry if your experience and my research cause each of us to conclude differently.
    We can just call that "growing pains". As the public in general becomes more educated and acclimated to the FACT that 99.9% of people who OC are not criminals, as criminals statistically hide their guns so as not to be questioned by LE, you will see less and less of MWAG calls.

In the two years I've carried, I've never had a MWAG call on me. Call it a combination of the vast majority of the people here in Kentucky being pro-gun and dispatchers with SOP to actually ask what the MWAG is doing. Imagine how stupid someone feels when they tell the dispatcher, "Uh.....he's doing his grocery shopping".

You carry your way and I'll carry my way. I'll help lead the pro-gun movement into the better times it once enjoyed when a high school student could lean his rifle in the corner, because he was going hunting right after his classes or because he should be able to defend himself against a lethal assailant as much as the rest of us.

Do you think it was people who are afraid of public opinion that have helped redirect this country back to it's roots, or do you think it was those of us that are dedicated to our Constitution and the ideas this country was founded on? It was "extremists" that put us in this shape and it will be "extremists" who put it back.

You have that CC license because of people like me. Enjoy the fruits of our labor as we change people's mentality for the betterment of our society.

Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day. Thomas Jefferson
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

9. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Do they make a badge for that?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

That looks realy "tactical".

That's funny
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast