Open carried at Wal-Mart - Page 12
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Open carried at Wal-Mart

I had an encounter while OCing at a Wally world today (shrewsbury, PA) I was confronted by a newer assistant manager who was obviously very unhinged by the fact I had a gun, 2 other assistant managers came out and said she needed to leave me alone as Walmart stands behind state laws and takes pride in citizens who exercise their second amendment rights, they apologized to me for any troube she might have caused :)

Quote Originally Posted by charliej47 View Post
    I had to go pickup some things at the local Wal-Mart on Tuesday the 15th. As I am walking in I see the greeter and we know each other. He asks me if I am carrying and I said yes. He was on my opposite side and did not see it.

He asks me to wait while he checks on the store policy about carrying. I say OK. He goes and gets the floor boss and explains why he is asking. The floor boss comes over and asks me if I had a license. I state yes but you do not need a license to OC.

He said he was unsure of the store policy and I stated that Wal-Mart followed the the state laws.

We got to talking and he asked how did I get my license and where adn I told him everything he needs to get his license.

We parted on friendly terms and I went on in and got what I came for.

I don't know how many times I have been in the store and that is the first time I was stopped. I think it was because of the greeter. He has seen me before and knows I carried.

I love OC'ers. You guys always take pride in educating the public.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackieChan View Post
    I love OC'ers. You guys always take pride in educating the public.
    Thank you, why yes we do.

One question though. Are you black? Because if you are and you took martial arts that is one of, if not the, COOLEST user name(s) I've ever seen.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    One question though. Are you black? Because if you are and you took martial arts that is one of, if not the, COOLEST user name(s) I've ever seen.
    LOL, no I'm not black and I don't have a martial arts training.

I live in the GREAT !! state of Wy. I open carry. I don't open carry to look cool or intimidate any one. I open carry so those who may wish do me harm don't have to wonder. As a former prison guard back in IL. I know full well what some people are capable of. The last thing in the world I would want to to do is shoot any one. But until you have delt with these types of people on a 1 to 1 basis you don't truly know. Yes CC is nice and is an option. I have my CC permit for when I go to states that honer my permit but don't allow OC. Also by OC I hope that some one one in serious trouble will know that I can and will help.
    I open carry so they don't have to wonder.
    This is my response to the one that says with a CC permit why even OC.

Does anyone know if Open Carry is legal in CT.?

8. Quote Originally Posted by wild eyed willy View Post
    Does anyone know if Open Carry is legal in CT.?
    Open carry is legal in CT, with a permit:

OpenCarry.org - State Information For Connecticut

Summary
    Connecticut is not a traditional open carry state. Outside of your own residence or place of business, a permit is required to carry. The permit that Connecticut issues is a carry permit, not a concealed carry permit, so open carry IS legal with a permit.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

I have done both, OC and CC. I live in an OC state (MO) and I will only OC when clothing won't permit CC. I don't like to OC for several reasons, mostly because of the tactical advantage that you forfeit when you OC. It makes absolutely NO SENSE to me to carry openly if you have the option of CC. I know a lot of folks disagree but I also know that most of those same people do not understand tactics and the HUGE tactical advantage of a bad guy not recognizing you as a threat.
    We ALL shall see the Lord one day .... please don't make me set up the meeting.

10. Quote Originally Posted by rudiepop View Post
    I also know that most of those same people do not understand tactics and the HUGE tactical advantage of a bad guy not recognizing you as a threat.
    You are correct. Not even the bad guys themselves understand the "HUGE tactical advantage of a bad guy not recognizing you as a threat."

http://www.gunfacts.info/pdfs/gun-fa...5.1-screen.pdf
    Page 31:

Fact: 60% of convicted felons admitted that they avoided committing crimes when they knew the victim was armed. 40% of convicted felons admitted that they avoided committing crimes when they thought the victim might be armed.

Fact: Felons report that they avoid entering houses where people are at home because they fear being shot.

Fact: A survey of felons revealed the following:
    • 74% of felons agreed that "one reason burglars avoid houses when people are at
    home is that they fear being shot during the crime."
    • 57% of felons polled agreed, "criminals are more worried about meeting an armed
    victim than they are about running into the police.
    "
    Quote Originally Posted by rudiepop View Post
    It makes absolutely NO SENSE to me to carry openly if you have the option of CC. I know a lot of folks disagree but I also know that most of those same people do not understand tactics and the HUGE tactical advantage of a bad guy not recognizing you as a threat.
    If I were a criminal, it would make absolutely NO SENSE for me to attack a person carrying a firearm when I could wait two minutes for that guy to leave and for a visibly unarmed person to come along, or I could walk down the street one block to rob the convenience store where there isn't a guy carrying a gun.

Seriously... I've said it before, and I'll say it again.... anybody with ANY amount of common sense at all, or anybody with just a tiny spark of intelligence behind their eyeballs would attack one of the 99.5% of Joe Citizens who are not visibly carrying a firearm rather than the .5% of Joe Citizens who are visibly armed. It's not rocket science - it is simple survival instinct. Even animals on the hunt know to target the prey that appears weakest out of the herd, but apparently still beyond some peoples' comprehension.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

11. Let's look at a couple of real world examples, instead of theories made up in peoples' imaginations.

Example #1. Single robber bursts into a convenience store bent on causing death and destruction:
    Gun Owner Saves Lives In The Richmond VA Golden Market Shooting

Here are my thoughts from watching that tape:

Talk about a cold-blooded, fast attack where an innocent was shot without warning! Unbelievable. Situational awareness is really important. Luck doesn’t hurt, either.
    Open carry was an advantage in this case because in the video I saw just how fast the GO managed to draw his gun and begin to return fire. You always hear about how open carry is so bad tactically – you’ll be the first one shot, etc. Oh, yeah? The GO had a HUGE gun in plain sight and he was NOT shot. Who got shot first? An unarmed store owner.
    Example #2. Group of robbers carefully evaluate a robbery in the planning stage:
    Open carry deters armed robbery in Kennesaw - Atlanta gun rights | Examiner.com

Captain Jerry Quan, the Commander for Precinct One, where the Wafflehouse is located, confirmed Matt Brannan's story as one in which the open display of a pistol deterred a well armed robbery crew.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast