Open carried at Wal-Mart - Page 13
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Open carried at Wal-Mart

Let's look at a couple of real world examples, instead of theories made up in peoples' imaginations.
    Yeah I knew this would open up a can of worms. But all I see is YOUR theories. YOUR imagination. Consider your source of info: Criminals, felons. What they say about ANYTHING means absolutely SQUAT. I have carried OC enough to realize that it is more trouble than its worth. Like getting questioned by some moron at Wallyworld. I know that OCers think totally different than CCers in this regard and thats cool. Carry how you want, that is whats great about the 2nd. But don't feed me a bunch of crap about what felons THINK. THEY DON"T. If they put much thought into it they would not be felons. Just because a poll was taken and it was recorded does not mean its fact even if the poll was conducted by experts. Criminals are liars. I am fine with OCers. One of my best friends OCs and we argue about this freakin subject all the time. He is still my buddy even though we totally disagree on how to carry. The point is: I am not trying to convert OCers but if you are trying to make me understand your way of thinking do it with something other than a bunch of low life, dishonest felons. It carries no weight.
    We ALL shall see the Lord one day .... please don't make me set up the meeting.

3. Quote Originally Posted by rudiepop View Post
    ...But all I see is YOUR theories. YOUR imagination. Consider your source of info: Criminals, felons. What they say about ANYTHING means absolutely SQUAT....But don't feed me a bunch of crap about what felons THINK....Just because a poll was taken and it was recorded does not mean its fact even if the poll was conducted by experts. Criminals are liars....It carries no weight.

Quote Originally Posted by rudiepop View Post
    But don't feed me a bunch of crap about what felons THINK.
    And what about the crap about "the HUGE tactical advantage of a bad guy not recognizing you as a threat" otherwise known as "the element of surprise?!?" Please stop trying to cram that crap down our throats.

Quote Originally Posted by rudiepop View Post
    I have carried OC enough to realize that it is more trouble than its worth. Like getting questioned by some moron at Wallyworld. I know that OCers think totally different than CCers in this regard and thats cool.
    Maybe you would find it interesting to note that we (open carriers) dislike being questioned by morons at Wallyworld just as much as you do. The difference is, we do something about it.... other than hide our guns away like some evil object.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Are you saying that your crap stinks less than my crap?

I am laughing my fat butt off because my afore mentioned OC buddy is sitting here rooting you on. The Prick!

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post

And what about the crap about "the HUGE tactical advantage of a bad guy not recognizing you as a threat" otherwise known as "the element of surprise?!?" Please stop trying to cram that crap down our throats.

Maybe you would find it interesting to note that we (open carriers) dislike being questioned by morons at Wallyworld just as much as you do. The difference is, we do something about it.... other than hide our guns away like some evil object.
    If you think that "the element of surprise" is the only tactical advantage then you proved my point about ignorance of tactics.
    Seriously? ...hide our guns away like some evil object? Yeah that comment really does alot to strengthen your position.
    Anyway, no sense in continuing this discussion. Done with this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewbs View Post
    opencarry.org is for the birds
    +1 on that.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Pewbs View Post
    opencarry.org is for the birds
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy62 View Post
    +1 on that.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Ok, I thought I was done with this thread but you OCers will get a kick out of this.
    My OC "friend" I mentioned in a former post Michael (I used his real name because he asked me NOT to) Is RIGHT NOW sitting on MY couch, drinking MY beer, playing MY Fender Strat and OPEN CARRYING THE BROWNING HI POWER I GOT HIM FOR HIS BIRTHDAY TWO YRS AGO, and cheering on ANYONE THAT DISAGREES WITH ME about CC.
    He is like the freakin poster child for OC. Definately off the Xmas list and on my sht list.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    Does a police officer have the power to demand an OCer to present their TN license? That would make as much sense as highway patrolmen stopping every car to confirm that they are being driven by someone with a valid operator's permit. The mere presence of an OC firearm does not, and cannot, be PC or RAS for a police stop. Now, if the OCer does something stupid and a violation of law or ordinance, then they can be stopped, during which the permit can be demanded, but otherwise, no.
    You must produce your HCP in TN if asked by a LEO.

11. Quote Originally Posted by rudiepop View Post
    Ok, I thought I was done with this thread but you OCers will get a kick out of this.
    My OC "friend" I mentioned in a former post Michael (I used his real name because he asked me NOT to) Is RIGHT NOW sitting on MY couch, drinking MY beer, playing MY Fender Strat and OPEN CARRYING THE BROWNING HI POWER I GOT HIM FOR HIS BIRTHDAY TWO YRS AGO, and cheering on ANYONE THAT DISAGREES WITH ME about CC.
    Now you're just trying to sidetrack this discussion into an argument about drinking and carrying a gun!

Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue
    Does a police officer have the power to demand an OCer to present their TN license? That would make as much sense as highway patrolmen stopping every car to confirm that they are being driven by someone with a valid operator's permit. The mere presence of an OC firearm does not, and cannot, be PC or RAS for a police stop. Now, if the OCer does something stupid and a violation of law or ordinance, then they can be stopped, during which the permit can be demanded, but otherwise, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy62 View Post
    You must produce your HCP in TN if asked by a LEO.
    I think the question was more geared towards whether or not the police officer could lawfully detain a person open carrying for the sole reason of checking their permit, absent any behavior warranting suspicion of a crime being committed. Let's carry that one step further.... let's say the cop is standing outside WalMart and picks a customer at random and asks if they are carrying a concealed firearm. When the random person stopped answers Yes, the cop detains the person until they produce an HCP. Legal or not? What prompted the cop to stop the person and ask? Why would it be different if that person was lawfully open carrying the gun vice concealed?

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast