Open carried at Wal-Mart - Page 4
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Open carried at Wal-Mart

Quote Originally Posted by Pewbs View Post
    We know your stance on open carry, but how do you feel about Bropen Carry?
    I googled Bropen Carry.
    No results.

Ask again.

3. Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    Because I don't open carry;

I will not scare little girls.

I will not cause liberals to pee their pants, and call a politician.

People will not be calling the police, and saying "man with a gun".
    So, how do you propose that we change peoples' reactions at the sight of a gun? How do you expect their perceptions to change if they do not see normal everyday Americans going about normal everyday activities, with the only difference being they have the means to protect themselves against crime on their belts? If people don't see normal Americans carrying guns, then the only image of guns they WILL see are those presented in the movies, by the media, and the worse of all groups like the Brady Bunch. Comfort and acceptance can only come from exposure, and concealed carry does nothing to expose the public to normal Americans carrying guns in ways that are good and beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    If I want people to notice me, I will buy a flashy car,fine clothing, jewelery, and a cheap blond.
    If I can't afford the car, clothing, or jewelery, I still have the cheap Blondie.
    If I wanted people to notice me I, too, would buy a flashy car, fine clothing and jewelry. I can't do the cheap blond because I have a loving and caring wife and have no desire for the cheap blond. I am not so insecure and have such low self esteem that I need people to notice me because of my possessions or my clothing accessories, though.

If I were to open carry in public with out the benefit of a uniform.
    I wish I did have the benefit of being able to carry a gun in uniform. Unfortunately that is one of the rights we sacrifice when we sign up for service to our country.

I would always be uncomfortable, always on edge, looking for someone to accost or assault me, just because I carry a pistol in plain view.
    If you were looking for someone to accost or assault, who would you pick? Would you pick the guy with the gun on his belt who you know has the means available at hand to kill you? Or would you wait a couple minutes for that person to leave or go down the street one block where you would find a plethora of human targets who had no visible means of self defense? Really, which is the easier choice?

And if you wanted/needed a gun, wouldn't it be easier just to rob an apparently unarmed victim(s) to obtain the cash to buy a gun? Research shows that is how most criminals get their guns - they buy them illegally.

what I said

Lt,
    you stated;
    So, how do you propose that we change peoples' reactions at the sight of a gun?
    "If you were looking for someone to accost or assault, who would you pick? Would you pick the guy with the gun on his belt who you know has the means available at hand to kill you? Or would you wait a couple minutes for that person to leave or go down the street one block where you would find a plethora of human targets who had no visible means of self defense? Really, which is the easier choice?

And if you wanted/needed a gun, wouldn't it be easier just to rob an apparently unarmed victim(s) to obtain the cash to buy a gun? Research shows that is how most criminals get their guns - they buy them illegally. "

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A local gun shop has stared news paper ads offering free introductory pistol shooting lessons. That is one way to introduce firearms properly.

What I said was if you want to open carry knock yourself out. Have at it.

I don't open carry for the reasons listed. IMO open carry is not a positive way to introduce the public to the shooting sports.

You disagree, and that is fine with me. BTW, my wife is Brunette. I never cared for blondes.
    I was only trying to make a point.

I reside in a economically distressed area. (The hood)
    When you call 911 for a police response, when they do show up, they shows up in force.
    We have plenty of gang violence here with firearms.
    You keep a low profile, unless you want someone in your business.

Just after sundown, on a hot steamy night. Everyone will be out on the porch.

Come on down to my neighborhood. Please open carry.
    I wonders how long u be keeping da gat?
    I bet you be disarmed by 22:30 one way or the other.

LT, did you see the thread here awhile back about the Tennessee wacko who painted a small AK bright orange, wore cammo, and paraded around a state nature area, and police station? It was scary.

For every 10 responsible Representative of the 2nd amendment who open carry's there is at least one nut job doing the open carry.
    Have any ideas on how to keep the nut jobs at home?
    I may sound jilted, but I worked in a gun store, and always help hunters in the fall sight in.
    Most people are a pleasure to work with. However, all it takes is one nut job to make one wonder why firearms are legal.

Lt,
    you stated;
    So, how do you propose that we change peoples' reactions at the sight of a gun?
    "If you were looking for someone to accost or assault, who would you pick? Would you pick the guy with the gun on his belt who you know has the means available at hand to kill you? Or would you wait a couple minutes for that person to leave or go down the street one block where you would find a plethora of human targets who had no visible means of self defense? Really, which is the easier choice?

And if you wanted/needed a gun, wouldn't it be easier just to rob an apparently unarmed victim(s) to obtain the cash to buy a gun? Research shows that is how most criminals get their guns - they buy them illegally. "

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A local gun shop has stared news paper ads offering free introductory pistol shooting lessons. That is one way to introduce firearms properly.

I don't open carry for the reasons listed. IMO open carry is not a positive way to introduce the public to the shooting sports.

You disagree, and that is fine with me. BTW, my wife is Brunette. I never cared for blondes.
    I was only trying to make a point.

I reside in a economically distressed area. (The hood)
    When you call 911 for a police response, when they do show up, they shows up in force.
    We have plenty of gang violence here with firearms.
    You keep a low profile, unless you want someone in your business.

Just after sundown, on a hot steamy night. Everyone will be out on the porch.

Come on down to my neighborhood. Please open carry.
    I wonders how long u be keeping da gat?
    I bet you be disarmed by 22:30 one way or the other.

LT, did you see the thread here awhile back about the Tennessee wacko who painted a small AK bright orange, wore cammo, and paraded around a state nature area, and police station? It was scary.

For every 10 responsible Representative of the 2nd amendment who open carry's there is at least one nut job doing the open carry.
    Have any ideas on how to keep the nut jobs at home?
    I may sound jilted, but I worked in a gun store, and always help hunters in the fall sight in.
    Most people are a pleasure to work with. However, all it takes is one nut job to make one wonder why firearms are legal.
    As usual theicemanmpls is trying, successfully, to dominate another thread with his liberal pro/con BS!
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

MSGT,
    Thank you for following my posts.

May I ask what an oath keeper is?

7. Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    However, all it takes is one nut job to make one wonder why firearms are legal.
    I know some people state you're a liberal troll, but I've heard this line from liberals and conservatives. It's one of those situations where we all agree that the crazies on any side of a position are universally unhelpful.

Just because there are two sides to every coin does not mean that each side should have equal weight.

ATTENTION WALMART SHOPPERS,

In Aisle 14, small appliances, there is a man wearing a gun.
    Let me see if I got this right. You are in the OPEN CARRY thread of this forum and you mock people who open carry. Do I got that right?

I know I will always avoid confrontations, and arguments.

I find myself being more polite to people.

Bad drivers no longer aggravate me.

I know that I will not become the victim of a felony crime.
    I do the same.

If I want people to notice me, I will buy a flashy car,fine clothing, jewelery, and a cheap blond.
    If I can't afford the car, clothing, or jewelery, I still have the cheap Blondie.
    Again with the mocking.

If I were to open carry in public with out the benefit of a uniform.
    I would always be uncomfortable, always on edge, looking for someone to accost or assault me, just because I carry a pistol in plain view.
    The media is full of stories of people who open carry and are attacked and successfully defend themselves. The element of surprise is a valid and potent element with CCW. I cannot think of any news stories where someone open carrying was attacked. In fact, they have done interviews and surveys with violent criminals in jail and the result is the bad guy will avoid anyone he thinks might be armed. You see they want unarmed defenseless victims. If they see someone with a gun or think someone has a gun they will go hunting for a victim somewhere else.

Again, if you want to carry to show people you have rights, go right ahead.
    Guilty.

I sometimes OC and sometimes I CCW depending on my mood at the time. I can see and respect the benefits of each.
    The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppose. - Frederick Douglass

Although I personally don't open carry, I have no beef with anyone that does. In fact, I would open carry myself it were accepted in my neck of the woods.

I do have an OC story though... A coworker of mine who lives in somewhat bad area of town OC's on his property all the time. One day he was out mowing the lawn with his trusty .380 strapped on. He finished up and decided he needed to go to Lowe's. In his haste to get to the store and back he forgot he was OC'ing and walked into the store and commenced to shopping. About half way through his shopping excursion he was approached by the store manager....

Manager - "Sir... You don't look like you are here to rob the place, and I realize you are probably just excercising your right. However, if you don't mind, would you please lock your firearm in your vehicle during your visit here. Thank you".

He complied with the store managers wishes and locked his gun in the car. He always carries, but only OC's when he is at home...

My preference is concealed carry, guess that is a good thing because so far in Texas we do not have open carry. If given the choice of both I probably would still carry concealed most often. I don't have a problem with those that can and do open carry though. Which ever way works for you the main thing is to be armed.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

11. Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls
    The issue I have is with pro-gun folks who fail to see any benefit in anything they don't personally agree with, in this particular discussion the idea of open carry. It is impossible for you to acknowledge any advantage at all that open carry has over concealed carry. That is simply evidence of a closed mind emotionally driven to reject any ideas that do fall in line with your narrow way of thinking.

I fully admit there are times when concealed carry is better than open carry. I choose to conceal my firearm lots of times depending upon the circumstance. It would be foolish of me to say that open carry is a better method than concealing 100% of the time. I may choose to conceal my firearm in your neighborhood, I don't know, because I don't live there, nor have probably visited there.

This whole idea that open carriers do so to get attention, or to "compensate", or that criminals will take our guns from us...blah, blah, blah... sounds exactly like the same stuff that the Brady Bunch says about anyone who carries a gun. The Brady Bunch also refuse to acknowledge any positive side to carrying a gun for self protection due to a mind closed by emotionally driven ideals. I would simply suggest that your opinions appear to be closer to their side of the fence than the pro-2A side.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast