Open carried at Wal-Mart - Page 6
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 137

Thread: Open carried at Wal-Mart

  1. THANK YOU, sig-man-luke!

  2.   
  3. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    I wish people in Michigan would openly carry more often. Ive done it a few times, got alot of strange looks, but no cops called. I too was at a walmart, the staff looked concerned, heh, if more people did it, Id feel more comfortable doing it more often.
    This is how a lot of people feel, including myself. If only we could get all the silent "ready to open carry-ers" together and come to agreement that we're all going to do it, it would be easier.

    Honestly, what would be easier is to just do it. I'm still new to this, waiting for my CC permit to be approved, and carry while I'm home. I'm going to make sure I know the law real well before I venture out with my pistol on my hip.

    Like several others around here have said before, if more people open carried, then there wouldn't be that uneasy feeling a lot of people get.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    I open carry for the following reasons:

    1. I would rather deter a crime than defend against a crime. Odds are that if a criminal is sizing me up as a target, and they see the gun, they will simply go down the street one block, or wait a couple minutes for me to leave. Why would a criminal choose to attack a target that is visibly armed when there are hundreds of other targets readily available that don't appear to be armed? The criminal has as goals to obtain what they desire with the least amount of hassle/problems, to not get caught, and to not get shot. Attacking a visibly armed citizen is counterproductive to all three goals.

    2. Open carry offers faster draw time then having to go through or around the concealing garment to get to the gun.

    3. I like to present to the public the image that it is perfectly acceptable and normal for an American to engage in normal activities during normal day to day life and have the means available to them of self protection. The public is never going to get over their negative feelings towards guns if all they ever see are the negative images presented by the media and the Brady Bunch. The sentiments of the "pro-gun" crowd that guns are better concealed only fosters the idea that guns are bad and should be hidden away - in my humble opinion.

    4. I took an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC. By openly carrying my firearm I fulfill that oath in a small way every day by taking an action that supports the Second Amendment - the part of the Constitution that is under attack more than any other part.
    Exactly +1

  5. Quote Originally Posted by sig-man-luke View Post
    I am a LEO in Utah, I personally prefer to OC, yes, off duty as well. I find it more comfortable, easier access, and I have the same draw as I do on duty. When I OC off duty, I still have my badge on, but NOT visible. I OC as a citizen, I'm not trying to show everyone that I'm an Officer. Just that it is my right to OC and people need to understand that not only criminals (or Police) carry guns.

    I am also confused as to why people who only want to bash OCers would want to read and post in the OC area of the forum. Just spouting crap I guess, some people seem to not be able to stop spouting crap.
    Nice! Thank You!

  6. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by sig-man-luke View Post
    I am a LEO in Utah, I personally prefer to OC, yes, off duty as well. I find it more comfortable, easier access, and I have the same draw as I do on duty. When I OC off duty, I still have my badge on, but NOT visible. I OC as a citizen, I'm not trying to show everyone that I'm an Officer. Just that it is my right to OC and people need to understand that not only criminals (or Police) carry guns.

    I am also confused as to why people who only want to bash OCers would want to read and post in the OC area of the forum. Just spouting crap I guess, some people seem to not be able to stop spouting crap.
    People have to bash something every now and then for really no reason at all, except to make themselfs feel important

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    People have to bash something every now and then for really no reason at all, except to make themselfs feel important
    I like to bash those that come onto an open carry forum to bash open carriers. Does that count?

  8. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    I like to bash those that come onto an open carry forum to bash open carriers. Does that count?
    You mean like the Count from Sesame Street?

  9. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    You mean like the Count from Sesame Street?
    What makes you think that I am old enough to know about the Count from Sesame Street?!? I am, but that's not the point.

    I am starting to re-enlist people in the Navy now who were born after I came in the military. It's time to retire.

  10. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    I am starting to re-enlist people in the Navy now who were born after I came in the military. It's time to retire.
    Do y'all sing that Village People song, "In the Navy"?

  11. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Do y'all sing that Village People song, "In the Navy"?
    The Don't Ask Don't Tell policy has NOT been repealed, yet!

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Open Carry Argument
    By Mainsail in forum Open Carry Discussion
    Replies: 611
    Last Post: 05-23-2017, 04:42 PM
  2. Open Carried For The First Time Today
    By Itstjs in forum Open Carry Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-18-2010, 07:54 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-23-2010, 02:10 PM
  4. Polymer Composite Lower Receiver
    By Red Hat in forum Long Guns Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-15-2010, 01:30 AM
  5. Replies: 281
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 07:19 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast