Open Carry in Michigan... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Open Carry in Michigan...

Open carry in mi.

Was at the Meijer store in Taylor yesterday and saw a dude oc'ing.He looked like he was looking for trouble. Had dirty clothes and was just plain un-kept looking. No jacket, plus he had an ill fitting holster, and the piece was flopping around on his hip. He was walking like a pimp. I was not surprised to see someone oc'ing ( I do look for it. ), but this guy just looked out of it. He really lloked like one of the "Walmartians" you see on the internet. Couldn't help but LOL when I saw him ! Wonder if he made it home before getting hassled by some LEO.

Quote Originally Posted by missoak View Post
    Was at the Meijer store in Taylor yesterday and saw a dude oc'ing.He looked like he was looking for trouble. Had dirty clothes and was just plain un-kept looking. No jacket, plus he had an ill fitting holster, and the piece was flopping around on his hip. He was walking like a pimp. I was not surprised to see someone oc'ing ( I do look for it. ), but this guy just looked out of it. He really lloked like one of the "Walmartians" you see on the internet. Couldn't help but LOL when I saw him ! Wonder if he made it home before getting hassled by some LEO.
    Well, except for the pimp walk, and the ill fitting holster, it could have been me, except I don't live near Taylor. That, and generally, I don't look un-kept.

Come to think of it, there's no way that could have been me. Oh well.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

There is no such law defining partial concealment. It's either covered or not. If you get technical, The holster would partialy conceal the weapon even on the outside of your clothing. Go to prejudicial hearing and ask to see in the state legislature, where there would be a partial concealment. When or if they do show you. Ask for an adjournment til a later date so you can seek proper representation

Almost positive they will throw it out. If someone saw it, it was not concealed. The call most likely interupted the officers while on break or near the end of shift.

There is case law regarding IWB open carry by non CPL and in places where OC is required even with a cpl.it seems that it is viewed as concealed.
    The best resource for anything and everything open carry!

http://www.opencarry.org

6. Please email me as I would like to follow this case.
    [email protected]

In Michigan there is no law defining open carry or concealed carry. The statement "in a holster in plain view" comes from an AG opinion, not from actual law. Others have been convicted for carrying IWB without a CPL, and others have won against it in court.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12