Open Carry Group In Detroit, MI - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Open Carry Group In Detroit, MI

Quote Originally Posted by pythagoras_14 View Post
    Well I understand where your coming from but the only time i was bothered out side of Detroit. Maybe because I'm black but I hope that was not the case
    Unfortunately, that probably was the case. I have to say, from my perspective, I think race relations have come a long way. But unfortunately, we're not totally clear of the prejudice that many people have against other races, yet.

Understand, I'm 54, so I've seen quite a bit. I was just 12 when Martin Luther King, Jr. was murdered. But I still remember my father and our neighbor sitting on the front porch of our home, talking about different things, (politics, baseball, whatever came up in the conversation.) each with a rifle sitting beside him, waiting to protect our homes if necessary.

What's so special about that you might ask? Nothing, except my father was white, and our neighbor was black. Considering the generation my father came from, and where he came from, it was rather extraordinary, in my point of view. Although, I didn't really even consider it so at the time.

I'm still waiting for the day when anyone can walk down any street in this country and not be hassled by the police simply because of the color of their skin. It doesn't happen as much as it used to, but it still happens. For all I know, it may always happen, on a smaller scale. I would just like to see it stopped.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

I agree. Well I'll make sure that I dont break any laws I should be alright.

Quote Originally Posted by pythagoras_14 View Post
    I agree. Well I'll make sure that I dont break any laws I should be alright.
    At the very least, you might find yourself in a position for a doozy of a law suit. There was one, not too long ago in Virginia I think, or maybe one of the other Southern states of a black man, OCing who was hassled by local police. He took them to court and won a nice settlement.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12