Safety Inpection

Thread: Safety Inpection

1. Safety Inpection

I have a question. I'm new to open carry in Michigan and from what I've read is that your gun needs a safety inspection to open carry. I know that the Sheriffs Dept. here doesn't do a safty inspection any more when you purchase a pistol. My question is what do I need to do to open carry now. I know this may sound dumb, but I want to make sure I'm following the law.

Thank you for any info

Tom

That is a good question for a good Attorney, The Days of Safety inspections may be gone but when buying a new hand gun, a Sales Record Form is issued to you and IMHO It would be prudent to carry that form.
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Tom6f3i View Post
    My question is what do I need to do to open carry now.
    Thank you for any info

Tom
    Your person, your firearm and your 2A right as an American

6. re: Safety Inspection

When I purchased my first handgun, in Indianapolis, what seems like a million years ago. I had to take it to the Indianapolis Police Department, where they fired two rounds through it (they supplied the ammo.) The recovered slugs and cartridge cases were put in little cardboard boxes with identifying numbers. To the best of my knowledge, no crime was ever solved through this procedure. I later had my handgun stolen while at work, and the detective working the case was very snotty, stating he felt I knew who had my gun. I told him if I knew who had it, I would not be fooling around with his idiocy, I'd be getting my gun back. I don't believe it was ever recovered.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

To open carry in mich you just need the gun registered in your name.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Eagle View Post
    To open carry in mich you just need the gun registered in your name.
    The "safety inspection" farce was ended and replaced with a handgun registration program. Hopefully the registration program will end also.
    - enfield

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

Gun Registration, in the US of A? What's next? Those of you that live in States that require "Registration" need to PUSH your electorate to revamp those laws. YOU got a problem, address the problem, IF NOT you're part of the problem.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Thumbs down Gun registration

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Gun Registration, in the US of A? What's next? Those of you that live in States that require "Registration" need to PUSH your electorate to revamp those laws. YOU got a problem, address the problem, IF NOT you're part of the problem.
    Plus one on that, and I would also implore Canadians to do the same. I know that this is USA carry, but I feel it would give gun owners in this country a boost if the Canadians could get an ocational pro-gun reform.

In Oklahoma we don't register guns, nor do we say which gun you have to carry on your permit.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.