Open carry in OR state park question

Thread: Open carry in OR state park question

1. Open carry in OR state park question

Hi everyone,
    I'm a new member to this forum and I have an open carry question. I'm a Washington State resident with a concealed weapon permit. I'm going on a hike with my little girl in an Oregon state park this weekend with frirnds, but I'll be hiking out with my daughter solo. I'm a petite woman and I'd feel way more comfortable if I could bring my handgun along, but OR doesn't have concealed weapon permit reciprocity with WA. So can I just open carry? Anyone know, or know where I can find this info out? Thank you very much!

3. open carry in Oregon state parks

just figured it out- I thought open carry in OR was limited to state residents. It's not, so I'm good.

Also, there is a pretty active group of open carriers here in Washington. Check out the Washington section at OCDO ! We try to get together about once a month for a picnic or lunch or something.

Hi Jamie Ann and welcome.
    I know it won't do for your short term planned hike but why not get an Oregon Permit? And while your at it a utah permit as well to increase the sates you can carry in.

Just a question!!

6. Open carry in Oregon?

I have a Nevada CCW and will be visiting Oregon soon. It doesn't look like they honor my permit, can I open carry while I am there? What about in a vehicle, what are the rules? Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by jerryinoregon View Post
    Hi Jamie Ann and welcome.
    I know it won't do for your short term planned hike but why not get an Oregon Permit? And while your at it a utah permit as well to increase the sates you can carry in.

Just a question!!
    If I was a Washington resident, I would get Washington, Oregon, and Arizona permits. Check details on the concealed carry map page, but that will get you the most bang for your buck - pretty much everything west of the Mississippi but California and Colorado, and a lot on the east side, as well.
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.