Open carry in Florida - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Open carry in Florida

Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    I wonder if, on the way, you had to stop into WALMART for some lures , would the local police have a problem with you open carrying in the store? Somehow I think they may view that as "pushing the envelope" a little. LOL!
    In Florida, you have to be going directly to the activity, such as from the parking lot to the pier, NOT from the HOME to WALMART to McDonalds, to the Mobil Station, to the parking lot to the pier.

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Loaded or Unloaded

Quote Originally Posted by StogieC View Post
    Yes! open carry is legal while fishing. Cast a line, open carry, meet new people.
    Does your piece have to be unloaded? Can you walk from your vehicle to the pier packing?

Quote Originally Posted by staugpaulrevere View Post
    Does your piece have to be unloaded?
    Can you walk from your vehicle to the pier packing?
    No - It's NOT California (what a dumb ass law THEY have!!!)
    Yes -

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Kind of a silly question BUT, do you have to be a resident to OC. I have a FLA NON-RES CC permit. But not sure if it covers OC while fishing. I have lots of Family in Central Fla., I was born and grazed there. I visit my home State as often as I can and have forwarded the petition to all.

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Essentially the same in SC. You can OPEN carry while going to or from hunting or fishing (as long as you have a hunting/fishing license) or the shooting range. Some guys push the limit a lot and go into Walmart; but open carry is otherwise prohibited, and they risk arrest when they do this.

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Kind of a silly question BUT, do you have to be a resident to OC. I have a FLA NON-RES CC permit. But not sure if it covers OC while fishing. I have lots of Family in Central Fla., I was born and grazed there. I visit my home State as often as I can and have forwarded the petition to all.

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)
    I'm not sure.. You would definitely have to have a fishing license for what ever kind of fishing you are doing.. I doubt you have to be a resident, but not really sure.. StoogieC might chime in, he might know..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

As to SC, the weapon has to be concealed on your person while in transient in the vehicle and have a permit or in an approved location in the vehicle such as closed glove. Otherwise, you are in technical violation. Once you park, you can open carry whether fishing or hunting. I long for open carry option in SC. As an LEO, legally, I can open carry, but agency regulation requires concealed when not in uniform.

Sounds like we in SC need to petition our Legislators to put an OC ref on a ballot and or enact/review the existing Law in SC. Any takers from SC ? Don't want to hijack this thread. Will start a new one.

10. Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    I'm not sure.. You would definitely have to have a fishing license for what ever kind of fishing you are doing.. I doubt you have to be a resident, but not really sure.. StoogieC might chime in, he might know..
    No need to be a Florida resident to Open Carry while fishing, camping, or hunting.
    Executive Director, Florida Carry, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Sounds like we in SC need to petition our Legislators to put an OC ref on a ballot and or enact/review the existing Law in SC. Any takers from SC ? Don't want to hijack this thread. Will start a new one.
    Go ahead and start teh new thread. I would love to see OC in S.C. I even sounds good, doesn't it?

O.C in S.C.!! Has a nice ring.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast