Open carry in Florida
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Open carry in Florida

Post Open carry in Florida

Is there anyone out there that is active in trying to get back "Open Carry" in the state of Florida?

Welcome to the Forum from Tampa Bay, Floriduh...

Contact StogieC - I believe he is running or involved with Florida Open Carry
    There is an event coming up in August for an open carry event in August in Daytona.. I couldn't search on it, but it will come up again
    Here is a thread from the last event they had...

I'm guessing you are in Florida (since you did not fill in your profile)- IF so, You may want to sign up for the Florida Group to be notified of some of the things going on.. .

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Info received

Thanks much...I signed the petition and will look into what ever else I can do.

5. Check out Florida Open Carry

Our next event is on Aug 7th in the Daytona Beach area, We are planning more events throughout the state between now and November.
    Executive Director, Florida Carry, Inc.

Not related, but I heard a teaser on for the news where there is some effort to change the Stand your ground law here in Florida.. Anyone have more info on that??

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

7. Antis are trying to turn it in to an election issue but there really isn't any juice to it. Legislative support for repeal is almost non-existent and the law has survived court challenges.
    Media is playing it up because well, that's what the media does with issues that fit their agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by StogieC View Post
    Check out Florida Open Carry

Our next event is on Aug 7th in the Daytona Beach area, We are planning more events throughout the state between now and November.
    Are y'all planning to OPEN CARRY at this rally?

9. Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    Are y'all planning to OPEN CARRY at this rally?
    Yes! open carry is legal while fishing. Cast a line, open carry, meet new people.

Quote Originally Posted by StogieC View Post
    Yes! open carry is legal while fishing. Cast a line, open carry, meet new people.

OK, I got you now! You can do the same thing here in S.C. If you are going fishing or hunting, you can strap on the Ole HogLeg right on your side, in open view.

I wonder if, on the way, you had to stop into WALMART for some lures , would the local police have a problem with you open carrying in the store? Somehow I think they may view that as "pushing the envelope" a little. LOL!

BTW, GOOD LUCK with the rally. I'm in favor of Open Carry. I hate concealed carry. It's so uncomfortable.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast