carrying your gun
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: carrying your gun

1. carrying your gun

i am new to this so please bare with me. i am a resident of las vegas nv. and i was wondering what the laws were on carriny around your weapon. i mean can u have it loaded and ready to go, or do u have to keep the clips seperate from the fire arm ? can you have a clip in it and not one in the chamber? please help !!!

Welcome to the forum. Just a tip, when posting on the forum please capitalize the first letter of the first word of every sentence of your post. In addition to making the post alot easier to read, it is the correct use of the writen English language.

Try NevadaShooters.com they will be able to help you also opencarry.org

Correct use of the English language

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Just a tip, when posting on the forum please capitalize the first letter of the first word of every sentence of your post. In addition to making the post alot easier to read, it is the correct use of the writen English language.
    Dear G50AE:

I'm not sure if you are trying to be helpful or just trying to make everyone else feel like an idiot, but it appears that you spend a lot of time correcting others in this forum.

You might want to know that "alot" is not a word in the English language--"a lot" and "allot" do exist, however. Please see Google Answers: alot vs. a lot and A lot or allot?.

Does it help ANYONE for me to correct your English? No. Does pointing out that "alot" isn't a word make your post any clearer to others? NO!

Please, just stick to helping folks with information on CARRYING GUNS. When someone types "clip" instead of "magazine" when referring to a handgun, we ALL know what she means. When someone types "u" instead of "you," we ALL know what they mean. When you type "alot" instead of "a lot," we ALL know what you mean!

On a positive note, it is now obvious that you aren't sexist--you seem willing to correct just about anyone.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by byrdogsports69 View Post
    i am new to this so please bare with me. i am a resident of las vegas nv. and i was wondering what the laws were on carriny around your weapon. i mean can u have it loaded and ready to go, or do u have to keep the clips seperate from the fire arm ? can you have a clip in it and not one in the chamber? please help !!!
    Hey, welcome. Here in the great state of NV you can carry locked, loaded, and ready. Just remember down there in the Kali annex known as Vegas you need to register your handgun. Up here in north eastern nevada, having the permit is enough.
    My way is not better, it is just mine, your way is not better, it is just yours.
    Carry what your comfortable with, there is no "Supergun" Carry how your comfortable, open or concealed, so you have it with you when you need it

Quote Originally Posted by eaccents View Post
    Dear G50AE:

I'm not sure if you are trying to be helpful or just trying to make everyone else feel like an idiot, but it appears that you spend a lot of time correcting others in this forum.

You might want to know that "alot" is not a word in the English language--"a lot" and "allot" do exist, however. Please see Google Answers: alot vs. a lot and A lot or allot?.

Does it help ANYONE for me to correct your English? No. Does pointing out that "alot" isn't a word make your post any clearer to others? NO!

Please, just stick to helping folks with information on CARRYING GUNS. When someone types "clip" instead of "magazine" when referring to a handgun, we ALL know what she means. When someone types "u" instead of "you," we ALL know what they mean. When you type "alot" instead of "a lot," we ALL know what you mean!

On a positive note, it is now obvious that you aren't sexist--you seem willing to correct just about anyone.....

I tried pointing out the word "a lot" was two words as well. Guess that was not in G50AE's dictionary.
    Oh well. Good post!!!
    clking9mm

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post

You must have a hard time with text messages or don't use text messages.
    Last edited by clking9mm; 09-25-2010 at 05:52 PM. Reason: duplicate faces

U-DUDES are a trip...........Does correct grammar count? I always seen to have dangling participles. (What ever the hell that is, I hear they have meds for this kind of condition)
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by byrdogsports69 View Post
    Hello byrdogsports69,
    Whew, thats a long ID. :) Looks like you have some good answers to your QUESTIONS. The local firing ranges and gun stores usually have really good & accurate information. Also, go on line and enter laws for citizens carrying a firearm in your area. The written law is always going to be accurate over all information.
    Welcome & have a blast on this forum. There is a lot of really good info. Don't get hung up on all of the very technical information provided. Look for info you can understand. Eventually you will understand most of the technical stuff.
    clking9mm

Carrying it unloaded is, well, not helpful to you. It does however, benefit your assailant... Unless you have been formally trained in the Israeli draw, carrying condition 1 is the best method.

It depends of the type of firearm you plan to carry.

Double action revolvers are easy in condition 1. Most have no manual safety that needs to be toggled to allow fire. Point and shoot. A misfire condition is simple to remedy, just pull the trigger again. One of the 5 or 6 or 7 will fire...

Single action 1911 style autos have options. Condition 1 is cocked and locked with the hammer cocked ready to drop on a loaded chamber. The manual safety is engaged to block trigger action. Or you can carry with one in the chamber and the hammer down. You will have to cock it to get it to fire and in a threat situation it requires thought and takes time.

Double/single action autos you can have one in the chamber and the hammer down. You can leave the manual safety inactive or have it engaged. The long stiff double action trigger pull will act as a safety and allow you to carry chamber loaded without having the hammer cocked and be able to just draw point and shoot.

The striker fired double actions (Smith and Wesson M&P, Glock, XD etc..) are the ones that you the user have to trust the manufacturer. They are designed to be carried with the chamber loaded and be ready to fire with little user action. Simply pull the trigger. They are engineered with heavy trigger pulls and safeties built in the triggers that prevent fire unless the trigger is pulled intentionally. They also have a striker block that prevents the pin from protruding from the breech face if the sear were to break by accident such as by dropping.

Choose the one that works best for your level of confidence and ability. If you feel as if you need training and confidence seek it... No child born to woman is born knowing, we are all born learning...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast