the "problem" with OC (and CC, really) - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: the "problem" with OC (and CC, really)

In my small town of 800 or so, everyone knows I'm a firearms instructor and they don't blink an eye. For those other towns I frequent...I don't want unwanted attention from LE, so I conceal.
    All that is neccessary for the triumph of evil, is that good men do nothing...Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by sonofsarge View Post
    In my small town of 800 or so, everyone knows I'm a firearms instructor and they don't blink an eye. For those other towns I frequent...I don't want unwanted attention from LE, so I conceal.
    Then you should teach everyone about gun safety, and while your at it teach the youngsters how to swim.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    More people are killed every year by cars than by guns. Where is the outcry to ban cars? I don't get it either.
    I think it's due to the public perception created by hollywood, the liberal press, and those who view firearms ownership as an impediment to domination,that feel the need to portray firearms as evil.
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

Growing up, we could just "go out back" and shoot. Plenty of space and plenty of adult involvement (and supervision!), at least until my dad was convinced I had the judgment and experience to follow basic safety practices. Same for my boys. Many folks don't get the opportunity to develop practical safe handling skills. I don't care much for any government control on this, but I do think folks need to have practical training and experience before they carry.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234