FL Open Carry Bill Filed SB-234 - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: FL Open Carry Bill Filed SB-234

So do we have a time line as to when this bill is up for vote?
    In life there is your plan and GOD's plan, your's doesn't count!

3. Heinz5.7,

See previous posts in this thread. SB-234 passed months ago but without open carry.
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/open-...tml#post197799
    Executive Director, Florida Carry, Inc.

4. Based on the recent difficulty in getting a law passed to protect concealed carriers from prosecution for accidentally exposing the concealed gun, I suspect this law will have a hard time getting through the legislature...but best of luck. Glad I live in Virginia.

5. I am personally still on the fence on OC. I really see the points of both sides. Thanks everyone for the opinions posted here. I'm very interested to see how this will play out in SC.

6. i personally open carry. living in the woods open or concealed isnt a big deal. and if its my right to carry then open shouldnt be a big deal. maybe the more people see others openly carrying firearms then it may become more of a common thought in society rather than looked down upon by the anti gun nuts who dont really have a clue

folks should have the right to carry any way they want to so long they not pointing their gun at folks for criminal tresspass and or other reckless manner
    if oc does eventually get passed in florida, i'd probably mostly conceal carry but would be glad to at least have the option
    gun control is being able to hit your target

I wish other states would look at Vermont gun laws, if you can buy it you can carry it. If someone sees you carrying your gun they know not to mess with you or your family. I have always thought concealing your weapon is not always the best choice. Open carry has so many benefits and should be legal as long as you can own your gun and prove yourself responsible.

9. Hi everyone. I'm new with ccw permit and need to know... If my weapon is concealed and some how it becomes un-concealed, (IE: my shirt flies up from the wind) have I broken the law? I don't want to be worried everytime im carying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Fowler View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm new with ccw permit and need to know... If my weapon is concealed and some how it becomes un-concealed, (IE: my shirt flies up from the wind) have I broken the law? I don't want to be worried everytime im carying.
    Depends on the State. In Florida, if you expose your concealed firearm, it's considered "brandishing" - a felony. It seems to be enforced selectively....only if they really want to, or if there are other problems.

I had a pistol fall out of a "soft" IWB holster when I bent over in the checkout line at a store. The clerk picked it up & handed it back to me, and none of the other people in line even batted an eye. I was lucky - Embarrassing, but no big deal. That being said - you still have to be aware that if they want to, they can make your life miserable. If somebody wants to make an example of you (Like George Zimmerman), you're hosed.

Check your local laws....and get a good holster!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bihari View Post
    Check your local laws....and get a good holster!
    Indeed, the Safariland ALS series has level III retention. I love mine for OC but it's a bit bulky for CCW.
    All The Best
    Gunz

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast