FL Open Carry Bill Filed SB-234 - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: FL Open Carry Bill Filed SB-234

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I can understand an individual gun-owner choosing to carry concealed, but why on Earth would you oppose others from having the choice?
    not being in favor is a long way from opposing it, I will not lift a finger to push for any change in the laws and I won't lift a finger to fight any changes in the law, in other words I don't care, my statement stands I am not in favor of having OC in FLA.
    WARNING:
    This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    not being in favor is a long way from opposing it, I will not lift a finger to push for any change in the laws and I won't lift a finger to fight any changes in the law, in other words I don't care, my statement stands I am not in favor of having OC in FLA.
    Then allow me to reword it - Why on Earth would you oppose others having the choice even in your mind?
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Then allow me to reword it - Why on Earth would you oppose others having the choice even in your mind?
    what exactly is unclear?
    I stated I am against OC in FLA, I stated that if asked I would not advocate for OC, I stated if asked I would not advocate against OC.
    exactly what makes you think that I oppose anyone else OCing?

for the slower ones, the operative words in my original statement was I DON'T CARE
    WARNING:
    This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Blah blah...

for the slower ones, the operative words in my original statement was I DON'T CARE
    No it wasn't.

FLA carry is doing some good work getting localities and other agencies to comply with the preemption laws, however I am and many others are not in favor of changing the OC laws.
    Those were the "operative words" that I asked about, and for which you have yet to answer any questions about.

Just to keep things on the up-and-up dontchaknow.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

6. Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    what exactly is unclear?
    I stated I am against OC in FLA, I stated that if asked I would not advocate for OC, I stated if asked I would not advocate against OC.
    exactly what makes you think that I oppose anyone else OCing?

And the operative words in this post are highlighted in red. So, I must ask too, exactly why are you against the expansion of people's legal ability to exercise their rights?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

7. Hi, I think that the owners of this site should put up a petition to gov. Scott to repeal the law against OC in fl. as he said he would while campaigning to be gov in 2010. Thank you.

8. Quote Originally Posted by jammer1 View Post
    Hi, I think that the owners of this site should put up a petition to gov. Scott to repeal the law against OC in fl. as he said he would while campaigning to be gov in 2010. Thank you.
    Florida Open Carry Petition. Closing in on 16,000 signatures so far.
    Executive Director, Florida Carry, Inc.

9. For those against OC in Florida, are'nt you someone glad that your right to CC is not opposed? I don't get it. A right is a a right.

Quote Originally Posted by gfrlaser View Post
    For those against OC in Florida, are'nt you someone glad that your right to CC is not opposed? I don't get it. A right is a a right.
    the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed however the carrying of your weapons in public can be subject to regulation see the supremes heller decision
    WARNING:

11. Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed however the carrying of your weapons in public can be subject to regulation see the supremes heller decision
    I guess you missed the BEAR arms part of Heller. Keeping and bearing are two coequal rights.
    Executive Director, Florida Carry, Inc.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast