FL Open Carry Bill Filed SB-234 - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: FL Open Carry Bill Filed SB-234

I guessed you missed the part about reasonable regulations..

2. Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons.
    WARNING:
    This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence.

Even though I carry it would take a little getting used to, to be completely honest. BUT, At least I would know what holster to get for my FNP .45. I canny a SR1911 and have been trying to figure out if I can IWB the FNP.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

4. Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    I guessed you missed the part about reasonable regulations..
    One man's "reasonable regulation" is another man's tyranny.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

5. Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    ... the carrying of your weapons in public can be subject to regulation see the supremes heller decision
    SCOTUS singled out CONCEALED carry for general prohibition while approving of four 19th century State Supreme Court cases that required that OPEN carry not be prohibited. It also validated prohibition of suspect classes such, as felons, and restrictions on carry in sensitive places such as schools.

No appellate court that has recognized the individual right to bears has ever approved of a generalized ban on open carry.

The first post Heller and McDonald case challenging an open carry ban is Norman v. State. That case will be decided soon and we will move forward with either appeal, in the case of a bad decision, or legislation to perfect the parameters of the right to bear arms, in the case of a good decision, once we have the ruling. https://www.floridacarry.org/index.p...norman-v-state
    Executive Director, Florida Carry, Inc.

6. FL Open Carry Bill Filed SB-234

Quote Originally Posted by gfrlaser View Post
    For those against OC in Florida, are'nt you someone glad that your right to CC is not opposed? I don't get it. A right is a a right.
    In Florida, the concealed carry license is a privilege, not a right. So saith the Fl Supreme Court in Crane v. Department of State, 547 So. 2d 266 (Fla. 1989)

The Florida Sheriffs Association was quick to point that out to the legislature this year while fighting against relaxing the ban on all carry during locally declared emergencies to just allow for taking your firearms with you during a mandatory evacuation.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qogTYo4mPuo
    Last edited by StogieC; 08-08-2014 at 08:19 AM. Reason: ed
    Executive Director, Florida Carry, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    Even though I carry it would take a little getting used to, to be completely honest. BUT, At least I would know what holster to get for my FNP .45. I canny a SR1911 and have been trying to figure out if I can IWB the FNP.
    You can...it's not comfortable for me when I do though...that and why would I hide such beautiful engineering?

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678