Am I allowed to carry? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I allowed to carry?

You have to be at lest 21 years old to carry a handgun in the US. As for the different states they place different ages on what age you can own a handgun. Owning and carrying is not the same thing. As to purchase a handgun or ammo for a handgun you must be at lest 21 years old.

But I could be wrong so do what the others have suggested. And if I am wrong please inform me so I will know for the next time this question comes up.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    You have to be at lest 21 years old to carry a handgun in the US. As for the different states they place different ages on what age you can own a handgun. Owning and carrying is not the same thing. As to purchase a handgun or ammo for a handgun you must be at lest 21 years old.

But I could be wrong so do what the others have suggested. And if I am wrong please inform me so I will know for the next time this question comes up.
    You obviously missed the post directly before yours. We have enough problems with the anti-gun groups creating actual statutes that limit our freedoms. We seriously do NOT need to be limiting ourselves with myth and misinformation.

Here it is again:

Yes, you are mistaken.

Very quick count shows 33 states where he can carry. And that's just open carry, obtaining a CCW permit might increase that number.

OpenCarry.org - A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost!

Please stop saying that you must be 21 years old to carry a handgun in the US.

AND the only Federal age limit on handgun purchases and ammo is 18 (18 USC 922(x)). Federal law makes it illegal for a licensed dealer to transfer a handgun or ammo for use in a handgun to a person 21; however private sales, private gifts and other private transfers are legal at the age of 18.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    You obviously missed the post directly before yours. We have enough problems with the anti-gun groups creating actual statutes that limit our freedoms. We seriously do NOT need to be limiting ourselves with myth and misinformation.

Here it is again:

Yes, you are mistaken.

Very quick count shows 33 states where he can carry. And that's just open carry, obtaining a CCW permit might increase that number.

Please stop saying that you must be 21 years old to carry a handgun in the US.

AND the only Federal age limit on handgun purchases and ammo is 18 (18 USC 922(x)). Federal law makes it illegal for a licensed dealer to transfer a handgun or ammo for use in a handgun to a person 21; however private sales, private gifts and other private transfers are legal at the age of 18.
    STOP IT!

Some people never want to be confused by the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Yes, you are mistaken.

I guess I stand corrected, but personaly I think its stupid, the military is one thing but a untrained 19 years old carrying a handgun is asking for trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    I guess I stand corrected, but personaly I think its stupid, the military is one thing but a untrained 19 years old carrying a handgun is asking for trouble
    Is that a fact, or is that your unsupported opinion?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    Funny how it just isn't a problem in reality in states where 18 year olds are allowed to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    Well, there you have it, rights don't matter anymore if you're not old enough. But just what is old enough?

Look, I'm 54, (almost 55), and while I have doubts about letting anyone under the age of 40 carry a gun, I'd be the last one to deny them those rights.

Those same rights, by the way (for some of you other phobics out there) that apply to anyone in this country, not just those born here. This is NOT Mexico, where a foreigner has fewer rights.

This is the USA, supposed to be the land of the free, and home of the brave. And I'll stop there, because if I say what I really want to, I might get in trouble.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12