open carry in NC
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: open carry in NC

open carry in NC

Is there a web site that will give all the details for open carry, my daughters boyfriend says he can open carry in NC (open on the seat of the car, then she says he hand carries it into the house, to me that is not what open carry means any help would be appreciated Thanks

3. It's not, he might could get away with it in some jurisdictions but not most of them. Safe open carry in NC is a shirt tucked, it on your belt, and in a holster. In the car it's on the dash. You might could get away with it on the seat if it's like on the very forward edge or something. But every officers I've talked to is cautious if about car open carry.

Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

If he is carrying the handgun un-holstered in his hand to the house, it sounds like that could be considered to be brandishing.
    Exercising my right to own and arm bears

Quote Originally Posted by Yarddawg View Post
    If he is carrying the handgun un-holstered in his hand to the house, it sounds like that could be considered to be brandishing.
    if its his own property he can carry it any way he likes in NC.

1) Open carry in a vehicle is completely legal in NC.

2) You can hand-carry a handgun as long as your on private property.

Quote Originally Posted by billwot View Post
    1) Open carry in a vehicle is completely legal in NC.

2) You can hand-carry a handgun as long as your on private property.
    While it may be legal, I'd certainly not like to be in that position, if being approached by LEOs. It might get a little "dicey."
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

Smile NC open carry

Quote Originally Posted by TAB56 View Post
    Is there a web site that will give all the details for open carry, my daughters boyfriend says he can open carry in NC (open on the seat of the car, then she says he hand carries it into the house, to me that is not what open carry means any help would be appreciated Thanks
    the seat part will work as long as it is where it can be seen. Carring into house in your hand as long as it can be seen i don't of a law that said you can't do that. NC is open carry the pistol has to be where it can been seen.
    Jerry

NRA Life Member

10. Open Carry North Carolina

This link might help you : North Carolina Rifle & Pistol Association

Quote Originally Posted by TAB56 View Post
    Sounds to me that your daughter needs to find herself a smarter boy friend! or at least one that can afford a holster!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast