Attitude of Some Police re: Open Carry - Page 9
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Attitude of Some Police re: Open Carry

Quote Originally Posted by ccwaz View Post
    assume for just one minute that somebody who is about your same height and weight just robbed a store half a block away. The cop heard about it on his radio. You didn't. He sees you with a gun on your hip. He asks for your id.

Treat the cop with respect. Assume he is doing his job, which includes putting his life on the line for you and a lot of ungrateful people who are afraid of him because he carries a gun - which is the normal attitude of sheep toward the sheepdog. If you have not broken any laws, you have nothing to fear. Show your id. While you're at it, thank the cop for his service.

If a real bad guy came in right then and started shooting up the starbucks, guess who would be the first one to step in front of a bullet for you. Cut the cop some slack.
    well said !

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBlue View Post
    Speaking of the attitude of some police officers here's some of the finest from philly.

Mark Fiorino Nearly Shot By Philly PD for Open Carrying | Cop Block
    This is what I was talking about. Police need to start policing their own if they want people to start trusting them again.

I lost interest somewhere around the eight minute point. What finally happened? Was he released after the OC vs CC within city limits question was sorted out? Presumably the on-call DA rep was consulted since these cowboys clearly slept through the applicable training sessions.

3X PM

I would respectfully tell the cop "NO" how many criminals open carry? how many rob a store at gun point and just trot over to their local starbucks?

A cop has no more legal right to ask for my ID because I'm OCing as they do to ask purely because of someone's skin color. Citizens have rights to privacy. Rights arent just something we have or get to play with. they are a responsibility that we must use! the day we stop being responsible for our rights is they day we lose them. I for one will fight to the end for my rights, all of them!

AO, I think the fellow in question pushed the envelope about as far as he could and showed remarkable resolve in the process given the circumstances. He doesn't need anyone to tell him how to suck eggs. The next step was going to be a police baton up side the head. But good on ya for fighting to the end through that keyboard.

3X PM

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    This is what I was talking about. Police need to start policing their own if they want people to start trusting them again.
    You mean like this: Ex-Cop Nailed for Stealing Power Tools | NBC Miami Ex-cop arrested by current cops.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    I lost interest somewhere around the eight minute point. What finally happened? Was he released after the OC vs CC within city limits question was sorted out? Presumably the on-call DA rep was consulted since these cowboys clearly slept through the applicable training sessions.
    Felix, from what I am aware of he was released 45 minutes later and all his possessions were returned. The cops apparently made several phone calls trying to find the law if any that he had broken but was unable to do so and sent him on his way. As for the recording he had started it before he left his house but removed the 2 minutes of dead time for video purposes. It appears he is seeking legal counsel at this time.

Thanks for the post-arrest recap, FloridaBlue.

3X PM

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    AO, I think the fellow in question pushed the envelope about as far as he could and showed remarkable resolve in the process given the circumstances. He doesn't need anyone to tell him how to suck eggs. The next step was going to be a police baton up side the head. But good on ya for fighting to the end through that keyboard.
    I was replying to ccwaz about their comment to just give over ID if a cop asks. Is that OK with you? I thought that is what this forum was for? to discuss our views and opinions about related topics... Am I wrong? If you do not agree with my view that is fine, you can say so but there is no need to mock me for my comments.

Quote Originally Posted by aosailor View Post
    I was replying to ccwaz ...
    Who is ccwaz anyway? I scrolled back three pages on my laptop and didn't see anyone by that name. Please include a relevant quote the next time so it's obvious who you're talking about unless you're the next poster. Now that I know who you were responding to, your comment makes more sense. Sorry for believing you were telling that ballsy YouTuber how to suck eggs when he went a lot further than I know I would have given the equivalent circumstances. I see a lot of keyboard bravado but as the popular saying goes on another forum, "It never happened if there's not pictures (or video/audio)." In this guy's case, there was audio and he didn't give an inch until it was obvious the consequences would have been some physical harm, even though he was "right" by the letter of the law. But being dead right/seriously injured at the hands of an out-of-control cop doesn't cut it...there's a time to capitulate and continue the resistance in a more civilized setting...in a court of law. And that guy took it right to the brink...and was ultimately released according to FloridaBlue.

3X PM

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast