Forget the CCW Badges. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forget the CCW Badges.

1. Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Now we need open carry badges and sashes. Well close to it if this amendment gets thru the Florida Legislature.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

We don't need no stinkin badges.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    We don't need no stinkin badges.
    And if this gets thru, we won't need to display the license either. http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill...nt/973004/HTML

$25 civil fine if you don't have it with you.

Scary part is that your home address is on the FL license. With the license clearly displayed, any nutcase can walk up and get your home address, and possibly target your home in an attempt to steal your guns.

OTOH, the law says "clearly displayed", both front and back have printing on it, so if you clearly display the back side that has the FL dept of agriculture info on it, are you still in compliance with the law?

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Scary part is that your home address is on the FL license. With the license clearly displayed, any nutcase can walk up and get your home address, and possibly target your home in an attempt to steal your guns.

OTOH, the law says "clearly displayed", both front and back have printing on it, so if you clearly display the back side that has the FL dept of agriculture info on it, are you still in compliance with the law?

gf
    New licenses do not have the address on them. And looking at the new bill as put out http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill...llText/c1/HTML only requires having the license with you.

Can someone please bring me a new Dead Horse to Beat, this one can't take anymore.

Thumbs down Sheep Dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Can someone please bring me a new Dead Horse to Beat, this one can't take anymore.
    Two words, Sheep Dogs.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by yale View Post
    LOL. I have actually posted in a couple of threads recently that someone should market a line of holsters which come with a clear permit holder incorporated into the design. I can't believe that someone actually wrote a bill with pretty much the same idea.
    My NRA gear catalog actually has holsters that have a plastic covered pocket that does display your CCW permit. I think the idea is kinda dumb personally, but for those who feel the need to do that, they have one.

Thumbs down Neck Chain CCW Badge Holder Thingies

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    My NRA gear catalog actually has holsters that have a plastic covered pocket that does display your CCW permit. I think the idea is kinda dumb personally, but for those who feel the need to do that, they have one.
    Is this another application for those neck chain CCW Badge holder thingies?

11. My wife bought me a CC badge years ago when I first started carrying. She thought she was doing a great thing. I think it is in the holster drawer with all the other things that I do not use.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast