Forget the CCW Badges.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forget the CCW Badges.

Forget the CCW Badges.

Now we need open carry badges and sashes. Well close to it if this amendment gets thru the Florida Legislature.

(a) Carrying openly requires that the firearm be secured by
    45 the carrier in a Level 2 security holster.
    46 (b) Carrying openly requires that the carrier display his
    47 or her license to carry a concealed firearm in a clear sleeve on
    48 or near the holster in such a manner as to be visible.
    49 (c) Carrying openly requires the carrier to have
    50 demonstrated competence with a firearm and firearm retention as
    51 provided in paragraph (2)(h).

3. Hey S&W, Who's/Where's your source? I'd like to read more about this.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBlue View Post
    Hey S&W, Who's/Where's your source? I'd like to read more about this.
    Hadn't finished reading them but here's a link to the amendments.
    Senate Bill 0234 (2011) - The Florida Senate
    http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill...nt/245176/HTML is the Amendment that I quoted from.

5. LOL. I have actually posted in a couple of threads recently that someone should market a line of holsters which come with a clear permit holder incorporated into the design. I can't believe that someone actually wrote a bill with pretty much the same idea.
    Steve
    President/Founding member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League www.laopencarry.org

I did think about getting a onesie for my little boy that said "My daddy is a crazy man with a gun. Touch me at your own risk."

7. Soon the PROGS will make it so inconvenient too carry we won't even bother with it anymore! I can't believe this is coming from Florida!

Quote Originally Posted by Zander_SIG View Post
    Soon the PROGS will make it so inconvenient too carry we won't even bother with it anymore! I can't believe this is coming from Florida!
    SCREW THAT!!! Wear the arm band, put it on your hat, make t-shirts. Walk down the street with your permit that you've turned into a flag like it's parade day. I'll come down and do it with you. SERIOUS! Make the idiot who signs that crap into law destroy his career by doing it.

And lets hope they'll require flashing strobe lights for the evening OC. The Libs have truly taken over my home State
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

10. Thanks S&W.

Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    SCREW THAT!!! Wear the arm band, put it on your hat, make t-shirts. Walk down the street with your permit that you've turned into a flag like it's parade day. I'll come down and do it with you. SERIOUS! Make the idiot who signs that crap into law destroy his career by doing it.
    I see where their thinking was going but I don't really like it. General public would see the permit and think, cool, a cop, no problem. Police would think, oh great, a cop wannabe. Reason for my saying OC badges needed. Would make the badge/ID holder companies happy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast