Asked to leave Kohl's for OC. - Page 10
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Asked to leave Kohl's for OC.

Without going back and checking......

If I said the BG WILL take your gun away, I apologize.

I think I said the BG MIGHT take your gun away.

Did you see the article about the young guy Mark Fiorino from Lancaster PA, who was arrested in Philadelphia for legal 'open carry'?

Google

Seems that he was "cowboying", deliberately cruising for a confrontation while carrying his recorder turned on, and the LEOs gave him a good trouncing for legally carrying.
    In fact, he nearly got DEAD.

It is not clear if he was trolling for BGs or LEOs.
    Listen to the audio and see what a problem people like this are.

Nobody ever claimed that handguns came with built-in "good common sense".

IMO, I prefer to carry concealed
    and NOT initiate any confrontations with LEOs or BGs.

Here's the USCarry link
    http://www.usacarry.com/philadelphia...ce-with-audio/

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post

Seems that he was "cowboying", deliberately cruising for a confrontation while carrying his recorder turned on, and the LEOs gave him a good trouncing for legally carrying.
    In fact, he nearly got DEAD.

It is not clear if he was trolling for BGs or LEOs.
    Listen to the audio and see what a problem people like this are.

Nobody ever claimed that handguns came with built-in "good common sense".

IMO, I prefer to carry concealed
    and NOT initiate any confrontations with LEOs or BGs.
    ARE YOU SERIOUS!????
    You don't see the problem being that he was stopped, nope, or unlawfully detained, nope not the problem either, or the fact that he had a gun pointed at him and his life threatened, nope nothing wrong with that.

Your problem is with the free citizen who was conducting himself in a lawful and peaceful manner. We can't have that now can we.

It doesn't matter why he was doing it. I don't care why he was doing it and you shouldn't either. What you should care about is the fact that he was doing nothing wrong and HAD HIS LIFE THREATENED BY A THUG WITH A BADGE!!!!

I OC around 90% of the time. My reasons for doing so don't matter. You have your reasons for CC, I have mine for OC. What we should both be able to agree on is that neither of us should be treated like a criminal, have our posessions taken away and stripped of our rights on the whims of a thug with a badge.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    ARE YOU SERIOUS!????

Your problem is with the free citizen who was conducting himself in a lawful and peaceful manner. We can't have that now can we.

It doesn't matter why he was doing it.

I OC around 90% of the time. My reasons for doing so don't matter.

Please allow me to clarify my personal opinion for everyone.

Mr. Mark Fiorino exercised extremely poor judgement in that circumstance. PERIOD.

If he were DEAD now,
    would that be better?

Update

I just spoke with Amy who is in charge of H.R. for my regional district. She has already spoken with Brian, the guy who asked me to leave, and she is now waiting to hear back from Kohl's legal department.

This is taking forever but at least I'm getting somewhere. I can't even count the number of emails I've sent and people I've talked to regarding this matter.

2nd update

I just spoke with Amy again.

Her answer was a non answer. Kohl's does not prohibit carry in their stores. Nor do they allow it.

Apparently Kohl's policy is to take matters regarding firearms on a case by case basis. In my case two customers and a sales associate complained about my carrying a firearm. So the store decided I should leave.

When I asked if I could have this policy in writing I was told that would not be possible.

I asked to speak with someone higher. She told me she would have the regional manager call me.

Her answer was a non answer. Kohl's does not prohibit carry in their stores. Nor do they allow it.

Apparently Kohl's policy is to take matters regarding firearms on a case by case basis. In my case two customers and a sales associate complained about my carrying a firearm. So the store decided I should leave.

When I asked if I could have this policy in writing I was told that would not be possible.

I asked to speak with someone higher. She told me she would have the regional manager call me.
    Sounds like they don't wanna get caught up in the issue. But again it doesn't make any sense...

They have to take a side. Either they ban guns, or they allow them. This is where a group of Open carry supporters, and the local media might help. Get the issue out in the open.

Sounds like you will need to take it up a notch. Call the press(TV news,news paper's etc...) get them to come out and interview you in front of the store. Get together a group of people to open carry into the store all at once and have them film it. Turn the flim over to the new agencies . Have a protest in front of the store(or in front of it on the PUBLIC sidewalks). Print out flyers about how anti this store is and attach to the back of it peoples rights under state law to OC.

Everyone says "Do it the nice way, call and talk with them." When that fails sometimes you have to take a page out of the union's play book.

Don't back down!

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Sounds like you will need to take it up a notch. Call the press(TV news,news paper's etc...) get them to come out and interview you in front of the store. Get together a group of people to open carry into the store all at once and have them film it. Turn the flim over to the new agencies . Have a protest in front of the store(or in front of it on the PUBLIC sidewalks). Print out flyers about how anti this store is and attach to the back of it peoples rights under state law to OC.

Everyone says "Do it the nice way, call and talk with them." When that fails sometimes you have to take a page out of the union's play book.

Don't back down!
    Meh. I'll be happy with a confirmed policy. If they will adopt a solid policy one way or the other I'm good. I'll definately let them know that I'll be posting my experience on various forums and that the outcome could affect their $'s.

Meh. I'll be happy with a confirmed policy. If they will adopt a solid policy one way or the other I'm good. I'll definately let them know that I'll be posting my experience on various forums and that the outcome could affect their $'s.
    They will never give you a copy of the policy unless you sue them for it. Or have a friend on the inside. They will also never adopt a straight forward policy stating they allow carry/disallow it. That's how they can hide in the gray area and claim to both sides of the issue they don't take sides.

Person who pays for it is the law abiding citizen who carries into their stores,after being told it's not disallowed.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast