Asked to leave Kohl's for OC. - Page 11
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Asked to leave Kohl's for OC.

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Sounds like you will need to take it up a notch. Call the press(TV news,news paper's etc...) get them to come out and interview you in front of the store. Get together a group of people to open carry into the store all at once and have them film it. Turn the flim over to the new agencies . Have a protest in front of the store(or in front of it on the PUBLIC sidewalks). Print out flyers about how anti this store is and attach to the back of it peoples rights under state law to OC.

Everyone says "Do it the nice way, call and talk with them." When that fails sometimes you have to take a page out of the union's play book.

Don't back down!
    Not a good idea. And, I am a Union official. This works when you have a sympathetic customer base. My guess is that most of the public would rather shop without having Mr. Cowboy wannabe walking around with his gun than the other way around. I don't agree with them, but then again I understand the Second Amendment. I have stated my opinion on "rights" before on this forum, and I appreciate the views by those that think they have them. However, getting a hostile public involved in an issue like this will do absolutely nothing to further your cause. When I say "hostile public", I am speaking from my location. Nebraska is a pretty pro-gun State, but Kohls is not a store a lot of men frequent here (unless they are dickless yuppies). So, if the store's customer base is women and men with fusia shirts and sandles (has to do with the location of our Kohls), having a bunch of good ol' boys with guns on TV is not going to gain any sympathy. It is liable to strengthn Kohls case since the rabbit people will be happy that Kohls keeps the "nuts with guns" out of their store. That is why nobody knows that I carry a pistol with me when I am out and about.

I've OC'd in my local Kohl's many many times and have never had the slightest of problems.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
    Please allow me to clarify my personal opinion for everyone.

Mr. Mark Fiorino exercised extremely poor judgement in that circumstance. PERIOD.

If he were DEAD now,
    would that be better?
    Allow me to clarify my opinion for you. If you would be so kind as to pick a direction on the compass and please travel far enough to cross the border. The rest of us, Constitutional Republic loving Americans, would be greatly appreciative.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    On one hand, Dr Suzanna Hupp became one of the greatest champions for CC.

On the other, I'm sure she would have rather had her parents.

That had to be a hard one for you though. I wouldn't lose a wink over killing a BG like that, but I would probably have had a few sleepless nights over thinking what I could have done if I had still been there.

Just how it is sometimes.
    You might have either saved the day or ended up in trouble yourself. I guess you will never know on that one.

Allow me to clarify my opinion for you. If you would be so kind as to pick a direction on the compass and please travel far enough to cross the border. The rest of us, Constitutional Republic loving Americans, would be greatly appreciative.
    Thank you Sir for your considered opinion.
    I fully support the Constitution of the United States of America.
    I believe that law abiding citizens should be allowed to freely exercise their 2nd Amendment rights.
    If someone choses to carry, I believe that he should be able to carry unfettered.

My opinion has been fully expressed previously, and some agree with me.

Your words reveal that you do not believe in freedoms for anyone who disagrees with you. How sad for you that you cannot distinguish the difference.

Freedom is not the question. Exercising good judgement is the point.

In combat it is always better to live to fight another day.
    As Patton said, "The point is not to die for your country, but to make the enemy die for his."

I dare say that some opinions expressed on this thread make it obvious that the posters have never been in an actual confrontation situation but are living vicariously in the movies. Trust me, it is not the fun and games.

Thank you again for you considered opinions.

OH- by the way..... yesterday afternoon I was in a situation with 2 men attempting to break into my car at a restaurant. The police chief and I have been good friends for 40 years and I have his cell number. eta 2 minutes. thumbs up

I felt impressed to share this information for mutual benefit:
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    "Of course, name-calling, expletives, ad hominems and physical attacks are the refuge of the ignorant. It's a convenient fallback position for those unable or unwilling to defend their positions with facts.

"It is also a common practice of the ignorant to automatically assign evil motives to a person or group expressing a counter opinion. Many reach the conclusion that any person or any group that disagrees politically or philosophically is somehow bad and intends to inflict as much harm or heartache as possible on their opponents.

"It is the refuge of the ignorant to interrupt or shut down debate when he finds his position or opinion cannot be defended with fact or reason." Bob Livingston, political commentator
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "It's a "dirty debate trick" called argumentum ad hominem. If you can't attack the man's argument successfully, attack the man". Massad Ayoob, LEO
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "No matter what side you take on any issue, you are going to be targeted for idiotic hate speech by the mindless social networking haters who invoke their hate outbursts as a kind of mental masturbation. They "get off" on destroying everyone else while reducing reasoned conversations to linguistic seizures sprinkled with spite". Mike Adams, Natural News, "about Facebook"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Freedom of speech is our most precious right and anyone who speaks against it should be silenced."

Thank you for your support.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, however
    I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
    Thank you Sir for your considered opinion.
    I fully support the Constitution of the United States of America.
    I believe that law abiding citizens should be allowed to freely exercise their 2nd Amendment rights.
    If someone choses to carry, I believe that he should be able to carry unfettered.

My opinion has been fully expressed previously, and some agree with me.

Your words reveal that you do not believe in freedoms for anyone who disagrees with you. How sad for you that you cannot distinguish the difference.

Freedom is not the question. Exercising good judgement is the point.

In combat it is always better to live to fight another day.
    As Patton said, "The point is not to die for your country, but to make the enemy die for his."

I dare say that some opinions expressed on this thread make it obvious that the posters have never been in an actual confrontation situation but are living vicariously in the movies. Trust me, it is not the fun and games.

Thank you again for you considered opinions.

OH- by the way..... yesterday afternoon I was in a situation with 2 men attempting to break into my car at a restaurant. The police chief and I have been good friends for 40 years and I have his cell number. eta 2 minutes. thumbs up
    If you think that individual was wrong for expressing his constitutionally protected right, then you DO NOT SUPPORT the Constitution. There is no way to argue around that and trying to put me on the spot by saying that I do not support it because I consider any affront to the Constitution treasonous, is a weak argument.

Support it in it's entirety and don't pretend to only when it serves your purpose. Freedom is exactly what is at question here, good judgement be damned. Thats another way of saying, "I support it, unless I don't think what you are doing is right".

Take for example, you feel I have offended your right to freedom of speech....ok well that LEO offended that man's right to carry a firearm. That it's a gun, or that the guy didn't have it concealed, or blah blah blah is just a way to overcomplicated such a simple concept. You've experienced the pang of someone trying to deny you your right....the same thing happened to this man. You should empathize with him as he is experiencing the same feeling you just did.

We all should empathize with him, or anyone else for that matter, on any of the amendments, 2nd, 1st, 4th, 3rd, doesn't matter.

If you do not support the Constitution in it's entirety, then you do not deserve it.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

If you think that individual was wrong for expressing his constitutionally protected right, then you DO NOT SUPPORT the Constitution. There is no way to argue around that and trying to put me on the spot by saying that I do not support it because I consider any affront to the Constitution treasonous, is a weak argument.

If you do not support the Constitution in it's entirety, then you do not deserve it.

click this link
    See if you can understand this.
    Armed man raises alarm downtown | SeacoastOnline.com

One thing about it,

if it had been me in Kohls, or walking that Philly street (on that other thread),
    nobody would have noticed,
    nobody would be upset,
    no weapons would have been drawn,
    no handcuffs would have been used,

I would still have been fully protected,

and we wouldn't have anything to post about.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
    One thing about it,

if it had been me in Kohls, or walking that Philly street (on that other thread),
    nobody would have noticed,
    nobody would be upset,
    no weapons would have been drawn,
    no handcuffs would have been used,

I would still have been fully protected,

and we wouldn't have anything to post about.
    And there's nothing wrong with your choice of carry method. And there's nothing wrong with the persons' choice of open carry either, as long as either choice is not prohibited by law.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast