Asked to leave Kohl's for OC. - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Asked to leave Kohl's for OC.

Any company has the goal of making a profit. I would ask corporate to amend their policy first. If that produced no results then I would use all my contacts to make their policy known. They will either change or ignore the clatter. If it starts affecting their "bottom line" then they will change.

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Why e-mail when you can call. I'm on the phone with them now. We shall see if they need to be added to the anti list, or if this was a one time thing.
    Written correspondence is usually better than phone, as then you will have a their words in a media form where it makes it difficult to deny any statements made.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Glock Fan

"A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

AMEN
    No doubt someone on this thread will demand that you prove that statement by citing several documented case results.
    General statements, to whom it may concern:

The simple reaction of wanting to cause the store negative publicity is an illogical reaction to the situation. That would only cause the store to resist AND cause the negative public to be even more negative towards guns. That is simple human psycology.

Ammo

Why does anyone need 40>52 rounds of ammunition on their person?
    These people have seen so many movies that they "want"? to be in a fire fight.
    I promise you that IF, that is IF you fire more than 6, you will probably be charged with the felony. Where did those bullets stop? Can you walk over and point to them?

Granted, concealed carry does require that you be prepared to reach in and draw your weapon, which takes a little time (practice),
    but that is your advantage when the perp is NOT CONCENTRATING ON YOU, but doing other things. You are "one up on him".

The perp sees you open carrying. He has the time advantage, as he can pick his plan of action toward you. (Take your gun, shoot you first, etc.)
    By open carrying you start out at a disadvantage.

In real life, if you haven't neutralized the situation in 4 shots TOTAL (you and them shooting), YOU are shot and probably dying. Accept it.
    Adjust your thinking so that you realize that the reason you have pulled your weapon is to KILL someone who is
    1) trying to kill you,
    2) trying to kill your loved ones,
    3) trying to kill someone physically near you.

and Maybe rape or kidnapping.....

You are NOT playing with your gun to prevent someone from stealing a hand full of Twinkies at the convenience store.

Also, if you are faced with 3 or more armed assailants, you WILL be shot. Prepare for that.
    Clock time, that is seconds, will prevent you from shooting more than 2 perps unless you are very very very calm and and a perfect shot, and/or they can't hit anything. (not a good bet on either point).

Ladies and gentlemen. I have been doing this for decades, and I promise you that when it happens to you that "all your preconceived ideas will go out the window".

So, hey. If you disagree with what I say... it is a free country.
    I hope you get to live to a very old age in this FREE country.

God feeds the birds of the air but He doesn’t drop worms into their mouths. Richard Pawley

To answer the questions posted above.

Deterrent
    "60% of felons say..."
    Doesn't that mean that 40% might attempt to jump you and take your gun
    OR
    just shoot your axx first?

Education?
    The vast majority of people, whether gunner or anti-gunner, have gained their "education" from watching movies.
    IMO numerous people on gun forums are living in a wish filled fantasy world.
    I hope they don't shoot me by accident.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen. I have been doing this for decades, and I promise you that when it happens to you that "all your preconceived ideas will go out the window".
    How many people have you shot at? How many people have shot at you?

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
    To answer the questions posted above.

Deterrent
    "60% of felons say..."
    Doesn't that mean that 40% might attempt to jump you and take your gun
    OR
    just shoot your axx first?
    Seems to me like that only leaves me with 40% of the felons that I have to be concerned about shooting. You have the whole 100% out to get you.

Example of the other 40% of felons that you talk about:
    http://www.ammoland.com/2009/07/19/g...rket-shooting/

Here are my thoughts from watching that tape:

* Talk about a cold-blooded, fast attack where an innocent was shot without warning! Unbelievable. Situational awareness is really important. Luck doesn’t hurt, either.
    * Open carry was an advantage in this case because in the video I saw just how fast the GO managed to draw his gun and begin to return fire. You always hear about how open carry is so bad tactically – you’ll be the first one shot, etc. Oh, yeah? The GO had a HUGE gun in plain sight and he was NOT shot. Who got shot first? An unarmed store owner.
    The above is the opinion of Philip Van Cleave, who is the president of the Virginia Citizens Defense League.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by unevrno View Post
    I am not sure what the laws in your state are like, but in Nebraska, I believe, if a business other than ones already restricted in the law itself (bars, courthouses, etc.) wishes to enforce a 'No Firearms' rule, they can, but they must have a sign, visible from the outside of the business, saying so.
    Hello fellow Nebraskan! As to the sign, that only applies to concealed carry. Any private property owner can ask you to leave if he knows you have a weapon (ie open carry). However, concealed means concealed. So, the state has allowed those hoplophobes that don't don't want you armed at all the ability to post a sign, which now makes it illegal to carry concealed on their property.

[QUOTE=NavyLT;189609]How many people have you shot at? How many people have shot at you?

Too many,

....deleted text....

I remember vividly one that I missed the first shot.....
    I was most concerned of where that first bullet actually went.

I plan for what will give me the best odds of NOT BEING IN A CONFRONTATION,
    but if forced, I will win.
    Remember the Luby's Cafeteria massacre in Killeen TX. I was there before it happened.
    Good timing or bad timing?
    This is not the movies.
    May you live a long, healthy, and prosperous life.
    Good luck.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
    I plan for what will give me the best odds of NOT BEING IN A CONFRONTATION,
    And so do I. Remember, 60% of felons themselves said they would avoid attacking a victim they knew to be armed. 74% of felons admit they don't enter occupied homes for fear of being shot at. 57% said they were more afraid of armed citizens than the police.

Carrying a concealed firearm does nothing to prevent a crime.... it only gives you something to protect yourself with, IF you have the chance, AFTER the criminal has already attacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    How many people have you shot at? How many people have shot at you?

Too many,
    One person is too many. Nice try.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

10. Sounds like a little man trying to play the big man to me.

If it's actually their corporate policy, then he should be able to produce a written copy of that policy. I bet he can't do it.

mistergus75

Some posters on this thread have confused BUSINESS property with PRIVATE property......... My Constitutional Rights do not magically vanish or end when I step onto property that has invited the PUBLIC onto it....... Hint: Neither do yours.......

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast