Asked to leave Kohl's for OC. - Page 8
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Asked to leave Kohl's for OC.

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    Just carry the firearm concealed - problem solved.
    Not really. See in order to conceal a permit is required. Basically we have to pay a $252 tax to gain the ability to cover our guns with a t-shirt. Hmmm. Or we could just open carry. And guess what, In the last five years that I've been carrying openly this is the first negative situation I've been in.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
    . I personally will not OC as it makes me a target
    Makes you a target for what exactly? Have you oc'ed before? What was the outcome. How many stories can you cite where someone was "targeted" for OC? Examples where people were targeted to receive poor customer service from a business do not count.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

3. Quote Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post
    Did you miss a word in there?
    YES! A SERIOUS WORD! Thank you!

60% of felons interviewed in prison said they would NOT attack a victim that they knew was armed.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    I personally will not OC as it makes me a target.
    Makes you a target for what exactly? Have you oc'ed before? What was the outcome. How many stories can you cite where someone was "targeted" for OC? Examples where people were targeted to receive poor customer service from a business do not count.
    Seriously? Did you not read post #66?!?

A gang of 10 year olds playing and then coming up to you asking for money, they wer on top of me before I knew it as it was over 15 years ago
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

We have enough wako's here as it is. The ones who think they know the law and the ones who want to be macho. That covers the elected too,
    I personally can do without the hassle. but be my guest and OC here and you will find more then enough reason's to back me up on concealed carry. Besides the fact that by advertising you have weapons they track you, to hit your house. It is my experience having lived and worked in S. Fla. for years that concealed is the way to go. When I worked for HUD drug dealers and gangs didn't know if you were or were not carrying. I am alive because I was
    carrying, fortunately I did not have to draw and pull the trigger. When you have worked where I have it will become apparent to you that a gang of 10 year olds with screw drivers and knives are fearless. And yes I was more then concerned and scared. That happened in broad daylight without anyone to see except the elderly lady I had a meeting with and she came to her door with a shotgun. She feared the kids more then the drug dealers. So open carry and when you get wacked on the head and your gun is taken away by a child.

Thurther our rights have not been enforced by we the people in a long time so untill we educate our elected/public officials, we as indivduals will have to go to court and force our rights to be honoured.
    Tell me how many cops get wacked over the head? Are followed from the station to their houses? This double standard crap GETS OLD FAST!!! All one needs to do is turn on the TV to see just how "Mature" some officers are. Yet it's ok because they have a badge? I call ********!

A gang of ten year old's with knifes and screw drivers is enough to make any reasonable person fear their life is in intimate danger or serious bodily harm.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

I forgot to put here in S. Florida for the wako part.

A gang of 10 year olds playing and then coming up to you asking for money, they wer on top of me before I knew it as it was over 15 years ago and they do not show they have weapons untill they are in striking distance so you think you have time to shoot all of them. bull. As for someone wacking you on the head everyone can be taken a one point or another ask any sniper.

I don't advertise and am aware of my surroundings at all times. I've been shot, it is not fun and I make no bones about it, my hand on my gun gave them pause, but the Black Grandmother is the one who saved my ass with a shotgun. I like to think I have eyes in the back of my head but I know I don't and spidy sense isn't always spot on for me. And anyone that thinks they can't be taken is a damm fool. I know from the ops I done as well those of others.
    I take back my previous initial statement then.

Actually, I wouldn't trust their beady little eyes and I dunno, I'm 6' and 220 lbs, I have a high tolerance for pain and I'm a pretty fast point shooter.

I know all about sniping, I take regular jaunts down to the 600 yard range (wish I could find a 1000), but we're talking about immediate surroundings here.

I've even taken the test here in Kentucky, passed with flying colors. I could go take my completion certificate at any time to the sheriff's office, I just...don't.

I like OC, not only for the speed and deterrence factor, but that I'm showing an everyday person carrying and going about their daily business and not shooting up everything, it's a system shock for the indoctrinated and an opportunity to educate my fellow citizens about their rights. There's also the little thing that I'm exercising a right and not a privilege.

I know you won't, but you should try OC when it becomes available. Do it in an area that you feel safer in and you'll see just how little people actually pay attention to the fact you have a gun strapped to your hip. It shocked me, I couldn't believe how little people pay attention to what's around them. Once, back when I first started carrying, I was running around town with a friend and two hours in he exclaims, "You've got a gun!"

I couldn't stop laughing honestly.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    I know you won't, but you should try OC when it becomes available.
    I don't think it will ever become available in Florida. There are too many people who freak out over the sight of an openly carried firearm there. And that's just the gun owners in Florida! God only knows what the non-gun owners would do!

To all Who bit! Happy April Fools, You bought my story hook line and sinker, Gulliabilty. LMAO
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Personally I support both NavyLT and Seeya, etc.

I would like the option to carry either concealed or open. I will support and defend our rights under our Constitution.

I believe now that I will probably never open carry because
    I am most concerned with those criminals who might choose to attack an open carrier, either by direct attack or follow him home to locate a gun cache.

Thank you ALL for your considered opinions on this thread.

Has anyone actually confirmed the Kohls' policy at this store?

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post

I would like the option to carry either concealed or open. I will support and defend our rights under our Constitution.

I am most concerned with those criminals who might choose to attack an open carrier, either by direct attack or follow him home to locate a gun cache.

No I have not received an answer from Kohl's. I tried calling again yesterday, twice. I keep getting voicemail and no return call. I will try again today after my job interview.

How can you be concerned with being targeted for OC when there is no evidence to back up that viewpoint? If your uncomfortable with OC just say so. If your scared that you might get hassled a little by LE or kicked out of a store just say so. Both of those positions can be backed up with documented cases. I would think you would have a better chance of winning powerball than being attacked for OC.

I'm going out on a limb here and thinking that when a criminal notices OC their first thought isn't " Hey, I should try and steal his gun". The risk reward balance isn't met for them.

In no way am I saying that a person couldn't be targeted for OC. I'm saying that it isn't likely and that OC has a better chance of detering an attack than provoking one.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post

I am most concerned with those criminals who might choose to attack an open carrier,
    either by direct attack or follow him home to locate a gun cache

I will again say that if your head is so far in the clouds you cant notice someone following you home(on foot, or making every turn in a car as you.) Then your setting your self up for that. It has nothing to do with OC it's self. Even if your Carrying concealed the firearm would be no good to you. By the time you snap out of day dream land it will be to-late. You would have never seen the attack coming.

OC a firearm is the last thing I would be worried about being attacked over. They could see your nice watch,new shoes, nice car or just see you dressed nice and think you have money. All of the reasons above plus 1k more are day to day reasons why people are jumped and or followed home.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast